1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you like to advertise?

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by libervisco, May 26, 2006.

How would you like to be served? ;)

This may sound like a crazy idea, but what the hey. I guess I'm just a little bit desperate to sell something soon because certain bills are knocking on my doors and I'm not exactly as profitable yet. :rolleyes:

So, here's the deal; YOU make a deal! Look at my sites, http://www.libervis.com and http://www.nuxified.org, and tell me where and how would you like to place your ad and how much would you be willing to pay for it, and then I can take it into consideration.

Of course, be reasonable. Don't just say you want a big banner all over the central column of the site or something. I favor text links and those are most likely to be accepted. You can choose where would you want to place them and how would you like them to look. We can even go a bit creative and have boxes (borders) around them etc. as long as it doesn't significantly impair the looks of the site as a whole.

Some examples are links below or above all forum topics, or links in the header somewhere in a nice spot or links somewhere in the sidebar.

Anyway, give it a shot and we might just end up making a few cool deals. :)

Note: Some link locations are already being offered. Feel free to check the threads in my signature.

Thanks
    Daniel

libervisco, May 26, 2006 IP
  2. wvccboy

wvccboy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would probably do a side banner or something.. I don't wanna advertise, just a suggestion

wvccboy, May 26, 2006 IP
  3. libervisco

libervisco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think one sidebanner (not a skyscraper) would be acceptable, as long as it wouldn't flash (better not animated not to distract visitors too much). If anyone is interested, feel free to say.

Edit: 125x200 at the most may be the acceptable sidebar banner size.

More ideas welcome! :)

libervisco, May 27, 2006 IP
  4. reese

reese Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    how much are you wanting for this space?

reese, May 28, 2006 IP
  5. libervisco

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, let's see, 125x200 vertical banner, sitewide though below the fold (hard to place it anywhere above), on a PR 5 site with around 500 to 1000 visitors a day (we were dugg three times to digg.com homepage which had our average visits per day vary alot, from 15 000 one day to minimum around 500 after it got off digg.com)... So, what about $30 a month? That's for Nuxified.org.

Libervis.com is bigger and has more traffic (up to 1000 a day), PR 6 and great link popularity. For the vertical banner on the same spot (left column, sitewide) I'd ask $50 a month.

If you honestly believe it to be too much we can negotiate a lower price. Just don't quit if you are interested. ;)

Oh and if you need more info about the site just ask.

Thank you
    Daniel

libervisco, May 29, 2006 IP
  6. libervisco

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would just like to inform you that I can now accept iKobo payments as well as moneybookers. It may be easier for some to pay that way (especially if you have credit cards), alternatively to moneybookers.

The offer described above still stays, as well as offers linked from my signatures! :)

Bring it on! ;)

libervisco, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  7. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I see you have a "Featured News" entry on the front page. How much would a "Featured Website" or something of that nature cost? Like a paid for placement article - just a short one.

Phynder, Jun 5, 2006 IP
  8. libervisco

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Interesting idea Phynder. I think that even allowing something like that would much depend on what kind of a website would that be (it's nature, topic etc.) as we don't want to annoy our users off the site.

But suppose that it is acceptable then we might put a special "featured website" block below the "article spotlight" block or possibly even above it, for about $70 a month? Does that sound reasonable?

We could do a smaller version though, just a small block with a single link saying "Featured Site: Site Title" placed directly below "featured news". That can go for a lower price than a full link with a mini-article / description. Optionally that link could link to a hosted article rather than the site itself..

Let me know what you think.

I'll have to check some of this stuff with my moderators as well.. We don't want to look overly commercialized to our users if you know what I mean, but some reasonable deals should be possible without causing much annoyance. :)

Thanks
    Daniel

libervisco, Jun 5, 2006 IP