1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how would it be to start a clickbank takeoff?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by wishmaster22, Aug 4, 2006.

I was wondering how hard it would be to do something similar to clickbank, and if anyone would be interested in doing some type of joint venture?

:)

wishmaster22, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  2. Michau

Michau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really hard. You would need a merchant account to process credit cards, and maybe some stuff for e-checks too. The kind of script that is required to run this is not complicated and can be written easily by a knowledgeable person.

But the primary question is - why would you want to do that?

Michau, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  3. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Overall it would not be too hard of a venture. The coding is pretty easy and straight forward. You could even add better tracking of impressions and whatnot when you do the programming.

However the hard part would be dealing with credit cards and what would set you apart from CB.
    Here are the things I would like to see on CB
    1. higher than 75% affiliate payout
    2. Initial listing fee for the seller should be waved-this would get many more sellers puting products up. Or maybe take the intial fee out of that sellers sells.
    3. lower FEES for lower priced items- The higher fees gives no incentive for affiliates to sell these items--but they are much easier to sell.
    4. More diverse items not everyone wants to make quick money

I think CB does an ok job now but I do use other CB like affiliate programs to make sure I get all the GREAT products so while I would not stop using cb for this new website I would love to see new stuff.

toomuch72, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  4. wishmaster22

wishmaster22 Banned

Best Answers:
    toomuch72 ,

I agree with your suggestions. I think that it should be easier to recruit new merchants, maybe not even charge them a fee. Maybe some type of small percentage after a certaint amount of sales.

I think that it would be a great benefit for affiliates to see exactly how they got there sale, and even nicer if it could reference any keyword that had generated this lead to the sale.

As far the reason on doing something like this, to make it much better for the affiliate and the merchant, not to mention that I am sure that clickbank is making some really nice cash. I also think that the products should be of higher quality and maybe , hopefully not have such a cheesy landing page.

as far as the merchant system, paypay, ibill, or something of that nature.

Believe me the guys over at paydotcom.com are doing what they are doing because it benefits everyone $$$

Just a thought.

wishmaster22, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  5. johnnyappleseed

johnnyappleseed Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank for mentioning these guys, can't believe I hadn't heard of them before. I'm going to look into this more and maybe start listing my products with them instead of clickbank.

Love the fact that there is no "product inspection fee", or whatever its called at clickbank.

johnnyappleseed, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  6. Michau

Michau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ClickBank has no product ispection fee. Product ispection is free, you pay only if the inspection was successful.

Michau, Aug 22, 2006 IP