1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would i do this ....

Discussion in 'Databases' started by laserfink, Sep 17, 2013.

trying to do a mate a favour ... but kinda stuck , seems simple enough idea , maybe mysql is overkill , maybe php or java better , im really going to need spoonfed PLEASE !

Need on screen 1500 boxes , numbered 1-1500 , so thats ten boxes across x 150 lines of boxes down , boxes maybe 2cm square ?

at top there needs to be totals

Each box should contain a number and be CLickABLE to scroll through six options , as you scroll through the options , the totals at top change

Once correct option chosen , a checkbox within the box can be clicked to STICK the box so it cant be changed

sound easy ? how do i move forward

laserfink, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  2. bartolay13

bartolay13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    really lost with your instruction, is this some like you need result set from database and just displaying it on table inside a website?

bartolay13, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  3. laserfink

laserfink Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for getting back to me , your right , i think i may be over complicating this

This could easily be done in excel , but how do i get this displayed on website ?

laserfink, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Building the boxes is easy enough, the animation can be done with HTML5 pretty easily and the checkbox to lock the box can be written in javascript.

If the values need to be saved that's easy too - either through ajax or submitting the page.
    <div class='gridrow'>
    <div class='totalcell' id='totalcolumn1'>
    <div class='totalcell' id='totalcolumn2'>
    <div class='totalcell' id='totalcolumn3'>
    <div class='totalcell' id='totalcolumn4'>
    <div class='totalcell' id='totalcolumn5'>
    </div>
    <?php for($i = 0; $i < 1500; $i++) {
    if ($i%5 == 0) echo "<div class='gridrow'>";
    ?>
    <div class='unitcell' id='unit<?php echo $i; ?>'>
    <!-- input values go here -->
    <input name='something<?php echo $i; ?>' id='something<?php echo $i; ?>' value=''>
    </div>
    <?php
    if ($i%5 == 4) echo "</div>";
    }?>
    PHP:
    the key is in putting the right css against it - and you'll need a designer to help you with that, I reckon
    add jquery listeners onto the page to see when the values of the input values change

sarahk, Sep 19, 2013 IP