1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How will you find out higher paying AdSense advertisers?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Robert Fisk, Feb 16, 2016.

Here is the scenario...

(1) Suppose you have a website that has several thousand visitors per day from the USA. You get decent amount of traffic from other countries too.

(2) You earn money through Google AdSense ad.

(3) Google AdSense randomly and often places irrelevant ads. So, you lose money.

(4) You always feel that you could earn more if relevant advertisers could find your site and advertise on your site. But you do not know how to find out / connect to / reach them.

(5) You have created custom channels for every piece of ad in Google AdSense and placed the code in your site.

(6) You will use only Google AdSense on your site (and NOT any other ad network).

Based on the above scenario, I have a question.

Question: How would you find relevant advertisers who will possibly be interested in bidding / paying higher amount and advertise through your custom ad channels? How would you offer / request them to advertise on your site?

Robert Fisk, Feb 16, 2016 IP
  2. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are wanting to have advertisers do placement bids on your site. Contacting posible advertisers is one clear option. The other is to have an Advertising page and link to that page visable instructing people how they can advertise on your site.

You may think that the ads are irrelevent but keep in mind Adsense AKA Google is out to make the most possible and does value it's user base (The person visiting your site). With Adwords, advertisers have a wide range of targeting options. So if I was an advertiser I could choose specific topics to advertise my product or service in even if it has nothing to do with let's say a tech website. As an advertiser I can also target affinity groups which would have nothing to do with your website but the ad would still show because it's the visitor I'm targeting and not the website.

jerdei, Feb 17, 2016 IP
  3. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You realize AdSense puts up ads that are sometimes only relevant to the user, and not to your site, right?

Start with relevant affiliate programs, you might do good there. You will then know what type of products sells on your site.

In my case, I had affiliate programs, and I have been contacted by competitors to those affiliate programs (who themselves don't have an affiliate program) and they paid to post their ads for much more decent $$$ instead.

pmf123, Feb 18, 2016 IP