1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How will Internet Marketing Change in the next 5 Years?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by edbri871, May 10, 2008.

Those who stay ahead of the trends are the ones who profit the most. What are some things you think will change the most over the next 5 years? What trends can we follow, and will internet marketing still be basically the same as it is today by 2013?

opinions?

edbri871, May 10, 2008 IP
  2. Accelerated Media

Accelerated Media Banned

Best Answers:
    I think methods of advertising will groove towards more video oriented and interactive mediums as average connection speeds are going to grow greatly over the next couple years.

Accelerated Media, May 10, 2008 IP
  3. adnewbie

adnewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    First we've got to get through this economic slowdown - many are reporting fewer clicks, and I think things will slow up even further...

adnewbie, May 10, 2008 IP
  4. techfired

techfired Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't even guarantee that internet marketing trends will remain same for next 5 days, 5 years is really long for that. However, I believe it will move more towards Mobile Marketing. Rich media applications will also play a role unlike present-day scene where flash and video doesn't really hold SEO value.

techfired, May 10, 2008 IP
  5. mianriz

mianriz Peon

Best Answers:
    according to current trend especially after youtube peoples moves to media sites. I think next trend for marketing is media or online tv. But there is one question? How people will found time from busy schedual .... I think business to business portal stain as it and marketing trend change according to business nature.

mianriz, May 10, 2008 IP
  6. rappad.com

rappad.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You will see in Next 2 yers a big change will happen which will change the :)current market

rappad.com, May 10, 2008 IP
  7. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think alot of large companies will start being more aggressive, thus pushing newcomers out of the internet marketing game.

Tobidotman, May 10, 2008 IP
  8. shermancox

shermancox Peon

Best Answers:
    I fear that Todibotman is correct. I have left one niche as some of the offline players are coming online and buying up other bloggers or bringing in well known writers from the off line world. Some of the folks who are already there are having to consolidate to survive....I think that those of us who are in the game have to solidify ourselves in some way or we will go away...

I also agree with the others that video will become more and more a requirement. While many read my site, I find that even when I simply read my posts into video or audio it gets a lot of hits in comparison.

shermancox, May 10, 2008 IP
  9. Logic

Logic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey great question.
    Logic realizes this is a time to predict the future so this is going to be fun.

Lets take a little walk outside the box, and I do not mean the comouter being on the desk or in our pockets. It is still information to us at that point.

Here comes the Logic-al predicted thought.
    Besides domian name clustering gaining search return results? HUH you will see.

Our Guess:
    We will take a guess of a split of the way the Internet works today. We think you will have a business side, pleasure side, and educational side to reduce return results. pinpoint accuracy.

This would be a long story but this is just the take a guess time.

Think about this? what pre-teen is going to want to see return results for dinosaur bone parts brokers when they are looking for a prehistoric game cartridge? And vice versa. Billions of return results do not empress anyone.

I would like this becuase refinement would yield greater results

Logic...

Logic, May 10, 2008 IP
  10. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Large companies are focusing they attention more and more into internet advertising. The future will be viral - videos, games, interactive applications, cool tools, etc. Big companies have the money to spend on creating such programs. Spend a couple grand to start the snowball rolling and the audience will do the rest themselves.

I also think that internet marketing will be more community based (forums, chat rooms, video chat, etc) as this seems to be producing great (rapport building increases sales).

Wyla, May 10, 2008 IP
  11. almondj

almondj Peon

Best Answers:
    Sales of course will still be made, I think the internet is just going to become more interactive.

almondj, May 10, 2008 IP