1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How we can choose subdomain country code for multilingual domains?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Dinesh1284, Mar 21, 2014.

How could we define country code for sub-domains? I've a website domain.com and want to create sub-domain for some specific languages like Portuguese in Brazil, Arabic, German, French, Russian, Japanese and Spanish. I've clear on creating sub-domains for ru.domain.com for Russian, es.domain.com for Spanish but still have confusion on ISO standards for Portuguese, Arabic, German and Japanese.

Please help me to know what should I use:
    ar.domain.com or ae.domain.com for Arabic and why ?
    de.domain.com or something else for German and why ?
    pt.domain.com or br.domain.com for Portuguese in Brazil and why ?
    ja.domain.com or jp.domain.com for Japanese and why ?

Let me know about standards and reason to choose some specific code for my domain so that I can target proper to my multilingual domains.

Dinesh1284, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  2. gigalicious

gigalicious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what you mean with your message.
    If you want to use the right cctld/country codes use the link below.
    There is no logic for me to use for example ja instead of the proper jp for japan for example, that's why i don't understand what you're asking
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_top-level_domains#Country_code_top-level_domains

gigalicious, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  3. Dinesh1284

Dinesh1284 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I am not talking about top level country code domains. I've also found this wiki reference in my search but I am looking for multilingual sub-domains country codes to target my website such like If I want to target Arabic users on my website sub-domain then it would be ar.domain.com or ae.domain.com because ae refers to UAE but ar refers to the Arabic language users then which one is more feasible according to search engines?

I've found mostly users target ar for Arabic language target in sub-domains and sub-directories and same ja instead of jp for Japanese language, so have a confusion about exact target..

Dinesh1284, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  4. gigalicious

gigalicious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go with the official, there is no option for this IMO. In similar case what would you choose for English-US, English-British, English-Australian.

gigalicious, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  5. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to locate initials of countries.

toniya, Mar 21, 2014 IP