1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How valuable are your PHP skills?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by kitlindell, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:

No value because everybody can do it.
    I taught HTML and PHP to my daughter when she was 6. She did some PHP/mySQL website at 7 and 8 and got bored...
    If you code by hand, you learn it in no time.
    If something can be done by anyone, it has no value.
    How much do you earn driving your car??

Codythebest, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  2. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still trying to decide which language to learn next: Ruby or Python. It's a bit like the VHS/Betamax situation: wait and see what everyone else adopts, because it's not just a question of which is best, but also which is most available and easiest to get support for.

Obelia, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  3. streety

streety Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotcha, I guess it is the difference between learning something and mastering it.

Codythebest, firstly just because something can be done by anyone doesn't mean it has no value. Work, of any kind, takes time and time is valuable.

Most poeple don't earn a lot but then most people don't do it very well. There are those who amass fortunes just driving their cars.

Anyone can learn to drive a car/code in PHP but that doesn't mean they have mastered either.

streety, Apr 7, 2007 IP