1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How uninstall the templates in joomla 2.5.8?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by richardm55, Dec 16, 2012.

I have installed many free templates in my joomla 2.5.8 version and some of them don't work correctly so I would like to remove them.
    So I have done like this:
    In menu extension I have chosen Installation then I have clicked Management and I got such a message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla25\libraries\joomla\string\string.php on line 399

Is anyone who could help me to find solution?Thank you in advance.

richardm55, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  2. Rankx

Rankx Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to change the maximum execution time setting in the php.ini file. It should be at least 180 seconds. If you are not running this site on your own local server, most likely you would not have access to that file. Contact your hosting company and ask them to change the maximum execution time for you.

Rankx, Dec 16, 2012 IP
  3. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where is that file located? I run it on local server so I could edit it but I can not find it.

4. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have found it already. It is in the path: xampp/php/php.ini and execution time was 30 sec so I have changed it to 180 s as you have suggested but unfortunately nothing helped and I got error message:

atal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla25\libraries\joomla\language\language.php on line 838

but after that I turned the server off and turn it back and it has finally started working properly. So thank you for your help.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  5. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Deleting the template folder is the same as you remove this template in administrate panel?

richardm55, Dec 17, 2012 IP
  6. faifai

faifai Member

Best Answers:
    Try to go to your Joomla dashboard. Klik Extensions, then klik Extension Managers then click Manage then choose the template then click uninstall.
    Cara Membuat Website

faifai, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  7. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you read those post above? I have explained how to remove unwanted templates from joomla but well, I have finally asked question if I manually delete whole folder with template's content is it the same I would remove it from administration panel with the way which was described in earlier posts.

richardm55, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  8. diziadvice

diziadvice Member

Best Answers:
    Simply go to your control panel . Visit your filemanager>public_html>templates> Delete the unwanted templates

diziadvice, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  9. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your comment but I have found it out already and I have mentioned this above. But my last question is still not answered.

richardm55, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  10. schlogo

schlogo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

you will still have leftover entries in the database if you only remove the directories. Uninstalling is the way

O

schlogo, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  11. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought the same that uninstalling from admin panel is the best way to remove any components in joomla including templates.

richardm55, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  12. skdinar101

skdinar101 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to uninstall a Joomla 2.5 template you should navigate to the Joomla 2.5 admin area -> Extensions -> Extension Manager.

Open the Manage tab. Select Template from the Select Type drop-down menu. Search for the chosen template in the filtered results and click on the check box besides it. Find the Uninstall icon in the upper right Joomla 2.5 menu and click on it to completely remove the chosen template.
    This is the way you uninstall your template. But max_execution_time is caused from php.ini. You can either edit your php.ini file from your server or you can create yourself a new one and place it in public_html folder and administrator folder of your joomla installation. Don't forget to set the max_execuiton_time to 180 or more.
    Deleting the templates manually from your server is the same thing, but mysql will hold some query in it. So it is not recommended, but you won't find any differences in your website performance, unless the number of traffic is very high.

skdinar101, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  13. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you mate for detailed explanation and I will always remove any joomla component just from admin panel, not manually

richardm55, Dec 30, 2012 IP