1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How u like this site design ( and graphical works there )???

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Web Hosting Review, Dec 24, 2009.

Hi there ordinary people's,

I work on few projects last month, and one where for marketing agency: http://www.oliatscha.com

Site is based on Drupal 6 - starting theme is Zen ( of course ), i didn't change theme info file ( to rename theme name ), i just override css and other things.

So, design is simple - but do things that should do. :)

So, with site design there are all works from that agency. What u think about that works?

I like their style. Plain and simple. Two colors for everything ( image of world is black and white? :) )

Web Hosting Review, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  2. ChopSuey

ChopSuey Peon

Best Answers:
    You using index.html pages? Looks like it to me.

ChopSuey, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  3. JFSebastian

JFSebastian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry i don't like any of these works. Generally i like minimalism, but colours are wrong and font choice is too thin. Images are too large.

JFSebastian, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  4. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go for something more simple and clean looking.

Dee

Dee2007, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Splash page - universally a no-no in web design, and NOT an encouraging start.

Pink text is illegible over many of the image backgrounds.

Image backgrounds so tall nobody is going to even notice they are links, much less scroll down to see all of them.

Zero information within the first three page links followed to even TELL YOU what the site is!

Eef engrish website have yew moist goodry must improv ranguage skirrs. Anyone who actually speaks english and lands on this site is going to kneejerk into going medieval on your tuchas Samuel L. Jackson style. Englisc, mōdor wyrter! Gedōn ēow cweþan hit!?! While I realize the "modern consumer" is effectively illiterate, it's not something a professional should skip over.

NONE of the sub pages carry through style from their parents, this inconsistency of color and style is poor branding and worse design. Said sub-pages also lack enough information on them to warrant BEING separate pages.

... and even after going through all the pages, one ends up with the question "What the **** is this site even supposed to be about?!?"

Under the hood you've got nothing on the splash page for search engines to index and inlined CSS (defeating one of the reasons to USE CSS), on what we can kind-of assume is the actual home page there are thirteen separate CSS includes that, well, why are you including zen cart when you don't have any product/shopping pages? (Or is that something else?) - jquery ****otry for god only knows what, wait - is it drupal or is it Zen? That's not encouraging.

Looking at the code I'm quite flabberghasted that there's only one validation error, though it's readily apparent how badly coded it is when there's 9k of markup for 0k of actual text content on the page with EMPTY alt tags. Pretty much that too means non-existent accessibility, there is nothing for search engines to even look at to index the site...

It reads off like a 'how not to design a website' list.

deathshadow, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  6. creatiph

creatiph Peon

Best Answers:
    The pink make the site girlish looking. It's too busy.

creatiph, Dec 31, 2009 IP