1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How top stop bot traffic spam to my site?

Discussion in 'Security' started by IMDaniel, May 12, 2020.

Hello, I need some help.
    One of my blogs started to receive bot traffic spam a few days ago. I get about a hundred clicks to my blog every day from one spam site.

I tried a few plugins to block bot traffic but it doesn't stop.

I even banned the website in my .htaccess file but it still shows up in google analytics that I get referral traffic from that domain.

Does anybody know a good solution to this problem?

IMDaniel, May 12, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Does it matter?

sarahk, May 12, 2020 IP
  3. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all let us know that ...... Your website is in worldpress or custom website like in PHP or ASP?
    If you are accessing google analytics then check once that traffics are to all pages of website or any individual or few pages.
    Generally we notice this types of issue if you have any posting or commenting options on page ..... but sometime we notice also that its due to unknown bots (When someone analyzing your website by any tools, but its not happen for long time.)
    If you can share your website URL also then it would better .....

seomanualsubmission, May 12, 2020 IP
  4. seomanualsubmission

Best Answers:
    Not always but sometime it can hurt business because bounce rate will increase day by day ...... if you are running any Google ads or any other provider ads then they can ban advertising option due to many fake clicks which are not real (Very low chance but can possible), because these types of sites recognize these types of bots very easily ...... And sometime people also use blackhat to drive traffics to website to increase some earning ...... so activities are a bit doubtful always according to me.

5. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sarahk Yes, it is affecting my analytics stats and my bounce rate and it is using up resources.

seomanualsubmission, I have a wordpress blog.

the traffic it sends goes to the homepage according to analytics.

It is a money niche site with easy keywords so I don't want to give it away here on the forum :)

I just wonder what I should do to stop the bot traffic from that domain.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2020
    IMDaniel, May 12, 2020 IP
  6. seomanualsubmission

Best Answers:
    If you are keen to block these bots then use Google captcha at home page for few days.
    Create a page use google recaptcha for verification if people are visiting first time ...... And when he pass verification then he will go to site.
    I think after one two days you can check your site again by remove captcha.

If its a time taking process or you can not set captcha then check once https:// wordpress. org/plugins/stopbadbots/ may be its help you ..... as i am reading about this .... looking good for your issue.

IMDaniel likes this.
  7. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks seomanualsubmission, I tried that plugin before, but it didn't stop it...

It seems that the bot traffic I get is fake. It's not really entering my blog so it cant be blocked. It is called "Ghost Referral".

It just shows up in google analytics.

IMDaniel, May 16, 2020 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, May 16, 2020 IP