1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Write Blog Posts Quickly

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by michaelpowers, Feb 28, 2011.

One thing you probably want to know how to do is to write blog posts quickly and efficiently. It is a goal of a lot of bloggers because if you need to struggle spending hours on end for each blog post you will likely stop posting and your blog will get stale. The key is to get in and get out quickly and efficiently. The less work you need to do to maintain your dot COM life style the better. That means more time to enjoy your day and less time spent working like a dog 9 – 5 like everyone else in the world. Why not work less than 2 hours a day and make money while you sleep. It’s great! So here are a couple steps you can take to write your blog posts more quickly and efficient. In return you’ll make money more easily and not have to work as much to make the money.

1) First Of All You’ll Need A Title For Your Blog Post

This is pretty much a given. You’ll need to make a blog title that is interesting to the reader but isn’t too long. You want to include the keywords and topic you are going to focus on within the post in the title as well. Blog titles that are shocking, interesting, controversial, etc usually get clicked on more. So make a great title for your blog post.

2) Make A Introduction For Your Blog Post

A little summary of your blog post is usually good to start. It gets the reader up to speed in what they are going to read about. It is also the moment you try to grab the readers attention. If you don’t grab their attention in that first few seconds you’ll lose the reader and you’ll need to start from scratch with new readers. So make the first couple lines of your introduction interested and appealing to your audience. Maybe even add in a picture or two to catch their eye.

3) Write The Body Of The Blog Post

At this point you’ll get into the meat of the post. You’ll give them the information they wanted to read about. You will give it in a way that is easy to read and follow. Maybe having small paragraphs, point form, or something else that is easy for the reader to read on their computer. One massive block of text isn’t very appealing and will likely put some people off and they won’t read the post. So make it interested and informative.

4) The Conclusion To The Blog Post

At this point you’ll want to wrap up the post in a neat bow. Something that can conclude what the person has learnt in the blog post. Summarize what the main points are and get feedback from the reader in the comments section if possible. This is great for the reader so they can feel what they’ve read is all wrapped up nicely.

Tip: Here is another tip to help you blog more quickly. Set yourself a timer for 20 minutes and then start writing. Try and finish your blog within the allotted time. I realize this will put pressure on you to write quickly but don’t think about it. Just write what comes to your mind and then edit the post afterwards. Just make sure you get all your thoughts out first and then you can do the behind the scenes work on the post like formatting, adding tags, adding categories, and pictures, etc. The cleanup itself should only take you a couple more minutes and then you’ve got yourself a nicely formatted post in around 30 minutes instead of a couple hours! Doesn’t that sound great? Then you can do your work more quickly and have more free time to work on other projects or enjoying your life.

If you want a few more tips here they are:

• I suggest writing in English. Usually the best language for most people and search engines
    • Write about what you are passionate about. Also write about what you know about. Writing about other things will just get you frustrated since it will take longer and you won’t care about the subject
    • Focus on a couple key points that you can explain easily and clearly to your reader. Don’t ramble. That isn’t very interesting to read about
    • Write everything out first and then go back later and format your blog post
      If you want use slang and common phrases. I’ve started to do that to reference popular culture. It makes writing your blog posts a bit more fun and is funny to the readers
    • Write a focussed blog post with a purpose in mind. Get to the point and get out! Don’t ramble and make a long winded blog post that is hard to read

Summary

In summary you want to start with a title and then a introduction and then a body and finally a conclusion. Stayed focussed and get to the point. Write all your thoughts out at once and come back and edit them later. Use slang if you want and give yourself a time limit. If a time limit doesn’t work then just try to consciously increase the speed of your posts each time. Before you know it will be writing posts in 15 minutes or less and you’ll be very excited you did because you will eventually get traffic from the post and in return money!

For More Information On Blogging & Making Money Online Blogging - Feel free to learn from http://www.mindofmichael.com/tag/blogging/

michaelpowers, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  2. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Happy writing. This guide very enlightment for me.

karmaseo, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  3. Grievous

Grievous Peon

Best Answers:
    The interesting thing is that this is the method of basic narrative structures that teach in the language class in school.

Grievous, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  4. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you enjoyed it and it was helpful.

Yup thats exactly it! Just like you've learnt in school. Thats where I got the idea from. It is also a method I've tried and it works very well.

michaelpowers, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  5. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    Of all the part, the title is the most important. It must be interesting at the first place.

ParentingCoachLisa, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  6. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup - thats for sure. It needs to make the reader very interested and intrigued right away. If they aren't they probably won't click on the blog post in the first place.

michaelpowers, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  7. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    my writing method is gather information and make a structure for it, then write

rain21, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  8. eclair

eclair Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good article. One of the many basics written that I enjoy to read.

eclair, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  9. nasul

nasul Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your tutorial. I didn't used summaryes but I think I will from now.

nasul, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  10. zeustek

zeustek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for this guide, but does this actually work in reality?

do u guest blog?

zeustek, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  11. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup - I am willing to do a guest blog if you are interested. You can contact me through my website. And I think it works. It definitely makes me more productive.

Glad to hear you are going to start using summaries. I really like them since they wrap up the whole blog post nicely.

Happy to hear you enjoyed reading this :)

That method works as well. Whatever method works for you is great! As long as your are productive.

michaelpowers, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  12. Eniak

Eniak Peon

Best Answers:
    Simplifying anything is a good way to maximize productivity. Very helpful for anything, especially blogging!

Eniak, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  13. Red Kite

Red Kite Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good article Michael, thanks for posting that. I like your tip about giving yourself 20 minutes to write the post. One of my biggest problems is that I keep re-reading and editing as I go along, and it can get very frustrating, so I'll try and use your advice in future.

Red Kite, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  14. Red Kite

Red Kite Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to do something similar: Research, Read (to gain a thorough understanding of the material), Structure, Write, then Edit. Although it doesn't always go to plan!

Red Kite, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  15. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup simplifying really does help :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed the article Red Kite. I've had that problem in the past too of being a perfectionist and it didn't get me anywhere. Now I try and stay focused, write it out, edit, and post it! I've produced 10x the content this way.

That seems like a good plan. It will make a higher quality post too. Just need to stick with your strategy and I am sure it will pay off in the long run.

michaelpowers, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  16. JayBay

JayBay Active Member

Best Answers:
    New to blogging and very appreciative.
    thanks

JayBay, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  17. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points to divide the post into sections and then start filling them with thoughts , this thing really works wonders on blog writing speed .

techlunatic, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  18. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Your very welcome JayBay.

Yup it helps 100% You can read what you are writing about easily and so can your reader. It's organized and fast way to post blog posts.

michaelpowers, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  19. Mightee

Mightee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very helpful mate but in my opinion you don't need to write quickly
    slow n steady wins the race ;)

Mightee, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  20. jhkoenig

jhkoenig Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, the road to success is discipline. Forcing myself to sit down and start writing. The OP's tips are great, once the fingers are actually on the keyboard!

jhkoenig, Mar 28, 2011 IP