1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write better?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by xprtwalk, Jun 3, 2010.

1. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure It will effect my results, but can you provide some reliable and authentic source online to learn.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    xprtwalk, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  2. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the fact to improve your writing skills by making these as your daily habit. But I want to know some more, what would be the better as writing using a deep literature, heavy words, idioms and phrases or a simple writing, both includes interesting topics.

xprtwalk, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  3. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the above points are correct, including Perry's - about get a book, but it is true. You are not going to find you answer in one post.

My tutor guide, which I am still working on, is over 80 pages long about techniques and strategies. It still has at least another 20 pages to go.

Learn, learn, learn, and keep reading postings for some very good advice.

Sorry to correct you Nicole on " Always write with your readers in mind, not the search engines." Wrong answer, unless you never want to make professional rate money. There are over 4,000 articles related to just "colon cleanse." Unless your article hits with a top ten search phrase, it is worthless to everyone but you. An unread article is as valuable as a love letter than never gets read.

------After 20 years of writing, I learned 19 years ago -- quality and value come first---not the two easiest items to quickly obtain----------------------------------------------------------

dyadvisor, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  4. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I am agree and this is the fact to sharpen your knowledge by reading and gaining more. It does matter, when we are going to write anything, yes we keep the readers in mind but still we have to decide how the readers would get this article and message, so have to keep something about for the search engines. that may be regarding the keywords or key phrases, you are using for your article to be searched out by the visitors in the SE.

xprtwalk, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  5. robster vaughn

robster vaughn Peon

Best Answers:
    Always make sure that your article has the 5 W's (Who, What, Where, When and How) or use bullets and numbers to emphasize the importance of the article.

robster vaughn, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  6. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    *rolls eyes* Keep my name out of your ridiculous, half-baked posts.

Oh brother. ... Wrong, once again.

Tell that nonsense to the leading online magazine and portal, content sites out there.

A pro always writes with the readers in mind. We think repeat traffic for the ones we write for, in addition to getting visitors to stay longer at a site.

The world doesn't revolve around search engines, doofus.

Nearly all quality, Grade-A articles are not found in a search.

That is the dumbest thing I have read from you yet, and you have said some incredibly stupid things.

Stop posting crap just to get attention, to make yourself out to be so knowledgeable. Because you're not. Far from it.

"Tutor guide." ... Jesus.

Perry Rose, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  7. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off, to improve on writing; simply write. Take a few topics, write articles on them, or start a Blog, it doesn't matter as long as it keeps you writing.
    You will find your skills to improve over time, as you write more.

Reading of course helps also, as you will recognize structures in sentences.

This being said on to the topic of search engines:

Whether or not they are important, or if readers should be the highest priority depends entirely on the purpose the article is written for. That is why it is called SEO writing and Article writing in the first place, and since the OP was not very clear in this regard, I think Nicole and Dyadvisor both are right in their own area.

I have written both, articles for SEO purposes where SE positions come first, content second and I also have written articles intended to keep readers interested and coming back.

So Perry, before you go off the handle like that, you may want to look again at what you are posting yourself, because by what you just posted one could easily twist your statements just as simple as you did with Dyadvisor.
    Conclusion: SEO writers are not pros?

I hardly think that was what you meant.

This being said, there is also no need for name calling(Very childish), so please keep it civil, and see an Optician, and have those eyes checked. All that rolling has to have a cause :D

Kraven2, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  8. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Kraven2 you are absolutely right, even when you give him a rare deserved compliment he goes right back to being the village idiot.-------------xrptwalk, you have a great positive attitude that glows and is contagious.

I have already 4 people that have used my tutor methods to write top notch articles that will outshine anything you can write. You are no match for me, nor MR P. are you for them. I also have right now 2 people that are requesting tutoring help to move ahead. I show them only how to fish, and they prove to themselves the results. It is called something you know nothing about *helping others for free*. Please leave the booze alone before trying to ruin another good post---------------

dyadvisor, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  9. WritEffects

WritEffects Peon

Best Answers:
    strongly agree! :)
    you should have the passion to read. reading and writing always blends well together, 100%.

WritEffects, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  10. jb=]

jb=] Peon

Best Answers:
    Write about stuff you actually enjoy to write about. If you find something that you love to write about i guarantee your writing will be 10x better.

jb=], Jun 11, 2010 IP
  11. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhhh, we are talkng about "how to write better."

Whew. Got another brainchild here.

But that has long since been established already.

And, no, seo writers are not pros. Only noobs think that.

I have already 4 clueless noobs who couldn't think their way out of a walk-in closet who have used my tutor methods to write below-par articles.

Please try to pull your head out of you ass before trying to ruin another good post.

There ya go, planet 9. I fixed it for you.
    Go back to bed.

lol I'm still shaking my head on those, typical, comments from the Wizard.

VERY good point!

Not many starting out realizes that simple thing.

Take a writing class, find what you like writing about, what you like reading about, then learn to be a pro on those subjects overtime.

Later on, after establishing yourself as a good writer, expand yourself into other areas, subjects.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  12. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess a whole industry is there to proof you wrong, so there is little I have to do in that regard, but hey; you are getting better, no rolling eyes this time! I would go see a doctor about that nasty "Uhhh" you caught from somewhere though. :D

Kraven2, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  13. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Perry's posts are getting better day by day !!!
    No information, nothing to actually say - in fact nothing at all serious ... pure entertainment . That's Perry for you.

In fact, if we all get the right perspective we may even go on to regard Perry's immense "contribution" to the forum as the chief source of entertainment. The posts are really something I get hooked on to.

Again, I ask myself the question, why in the world would anybody hang around on forums just to sit back and criticize people while they are offering nothing, nor are they learning (except written expressions *rolls eyes* *rolls head* *probably even rolls the ass*). So, probably he has loads of time on his hands and we can't thank him enough for contributing his gems to this "humble" forum and "lowly"(read "clueless noobs who couldn't think their way out of a walk-in closet") members.

Thanks Perry we are indebted. Now, can you please move your smelling a** over. Sorry everybody.... I avoid abusive language at all costs, but had to write this small thingie , even with asterisks. .. I hope Perry will come back and display his immense genius again.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    WebBuddy, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  14. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    lol Jesus. It's an industry that focuses on...SITES, LINK BUILDING.

Just like the Wizard. you are dead from the neck up but you act as if you know something.

*rolls eyes*

There ya go, little noobie.

Why thank, confused_freelancer. *pats him on the head* Such a good boy.

Kids and clueless noobs spreading misinformation, trying to be a big shot in front pf everybody, like back in grade school.

What can ya do? *shrugs shoulders*

15. WebBuddy

Best Answers:

Thanks Dear, what would we do without you . You are the best !! Should I add *rolls eyes* ?

16. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem, sweetheart.

You are the best!!! Should I add *rolls eyes*?

Well, they are good for one thing...poking fun at for free entertainment.

To add constructive things to this thread: Also go to http://www.amazon.com/Ways-Improve-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276293655&sr=8-1

Then look at "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" for more books the readers found useful.

$100 worth of books should do it.

It's a good start. If you haven't done so, already.

17. WebBuddy

Best Answers:
    Yeah, cause that's the only thing you know how to do . Hope your wife brings in enough food and booze to the table to keep you alive ... and enough meds to keep your mind in proper place. LOL, what a guy, I must say!!

18. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's the only thing, sweetcheeks.

Off to have a drink, and to steal some of the Wizard's pills.

LOL, what a clueless noob, I must say!!

19. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    We better spice up this post with some amateurish SEO then, so people can gaze in amazement on Perry's posts, which truly are sheer poetry of course, and of the highest standards no less.

After all all Perry and the likes, would have no eyeballs upon them were it not for us amateurs to ensure they arrive at his creative droppings, with some decent SEO.

:D

Kraven2, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  20. trafficweb

trafficweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are two simple methods I use to bolster my writing abilities.

1. Begin learning a new word each day. Don't just read the new word and description, create
    a text file and type it in or write it down. This will help expand your vocabulary.

2. Get hold to some PLR articles and start rewriting one each day. Don't just replace words
    and phrases; expand on ideas and do complete rewrites. Research the web for additional
    information about the topic of the article.

trafficweb, Jun 11, 2010 IP