1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write an IF statement inside a MySQL query?

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by MajHate, Nov 14, 2013.

Hello,

I'm creating a php/MySQL script to do a simple search. I have a table in MySQL called "classes" and it has the following fields: "class, date, time". I've figured out how to search in a certain date range, however in conjunction with that, I need to be able to search for 'class' and 'time'. For the 'time' field I give the user 4 options to search from: "Morning, Afternoon, Evening, All". I also have drop down list of for the classes, for example: "Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, All Classes". Here is what I have so far:

$select = "select * from classes WHERE UTC>='$from' && UTC<='$to' ORDER BY date ASC"

So how do I incorporate searching for 'class' and 'time' into this search? It seems like the logical thing to do would be to put a IF statement into the MySQL query, but is that possible? Please help!

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    MajHate, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Can't you just do "SELECT * FROM classes WHERE (UTC>='$from' AND UTC<='$to') AND class = '$class' AND time = '$time' ORDER BY date ASC"?

Would of course mean that you'll need to make all the search fields required.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 15, 2013 IP