1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write an good content ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by rahul8727, Jun 10, 2009.

How to write an good content ?

rahul8727, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on your level of education, I recommend a 5 paragraph, college level, essay style article.

1st paragraph - introduction and lightly touch on the 3 main topics of the article.

2nd paragraph - first topic

3rd paragraph - second topic

4th paragraph - third topic

5th paragraph - closing, review and maybe a comparison of the topics.

The 5 paragraph layout is an easy way to organize your material and present it in a professional manner.

My next suggestion is to NEVER start an article with the word "I", try to never start a sentence with the word "I" and finally, remove the word "I" from your writing vocabulary. By using the word "I", the author has shown a lack of proper writing skills right off the bat, there is no use in reading any further.

~kev~, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  3. thepickypig

thepickypig Peon

Best Answers:
    Your thoughts on the structuring of the article is good advice, but I would question the validity of the above quote. Your generalisation is just too, well, general to be of any use at all. If I were to follow your rules then I would have stopped in the first sentence of your post... and I wouldn't have got very far in mine, either.

To the OP: practice makes perfect.

thepickypig, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  4. figgity

figgity Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree pickypig. It really depends on your audience and the type of article you are writing.

If you are writing a first-person account, "I" is very appropriate. If you are writing in a personable style to engender yourself to your audience, "you" or the second person (you) is best.

In essays and research articles, third person (he, she, it, they) is best.

If you are writing a news-style article, it doesn't follow the five-paragraph essay format, it follows the inverted pyramid.

figgity, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  5. lbrg

lbrg Peon

Best Answers:
    "How to write an good content ?"

To write an good content, creation must be exposed. In process of work, words exit page with delicacy.

lbrg, Jun 11, 2009 IP
  6. diabloroxx

diabloroxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "How to write an good content ?"

Grammar and dictionary are the two main tools for writing "A" good content. 'An' precedes words which have the A E I O U sound in them. My very first grammar lesson- vowels and consonants.

Also research on google for proper structuring etc.

diabloroxx, Jun 12, 2009 IP
  7. morg

morg Peon

Best Answers:
    i suggest outsourcing it to save some time

morg, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  8. absolutelee

absolutelee Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, I would not agree with this. The single most important thing is you have to understand your audience. Read what they read, then try to make your content fit what they're looking for.

absolutelee, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  9. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    How could you disagree with a professional outline? I want to see some of your work. Wait, actually I don't.

That outline is what you should use before you do anything. I'm an English major, trust me. ;)

MelfromBoD, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  10. diabloroxx

Best Answers:
    That format is required for getting high grades in College essays. Not in Websites. In websites you need to concentrate more of the needs of viewers and then write the articles.

diabloroxx, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  11. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually this is how I learned to write in middle school, forgot all about it until now, thanks for refreshing my memory!

cronik, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  12. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    middle school? wow

13. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    The needs of viewers? You do realize that is very broad and IS NOT a good starting point for writing articles. That outline IS a good starting point, jesus.

14. diabloroxx

Best Answers:
    What am trying to say is, your outline will not hold good while writing quickie articles which the user skims through. Let us say you need a content for designing homemade solar panels/windmills etc then would you actually sit and write them based on the entire outline which has been specified above or will you just add in few paragraphs in chronological order of the work which is required.
    The person who views the site is more bothered about getting his answers quick instead of seeing the way you have structured the sentences etc.
    It is not like I do not follow these structures or am ignorant of them, but when these are used they make the article unreadable or heavy.
    The title of the article should be apt and must describe the article as a whole. You need to understand what the article is about and who will be reading it prior to designing one which becomes boring after a while.

So the relevance of the topic to the Requirement of the viewer is HIGHLY NECESSARY when you write articles. People would rather read the article in smaller points than denser paragraphs.

diabloroxx, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  15. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah they made me write an essay every week, there's nothing wrong with that style, it just depends on what kind of site you have and what you are writing about.

cronik, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  16. fairlink

fairlink Peon

Best Answers:
    I spend/ waste a lot of time writing articles for my sites, and would like to some shortcuts for this without spending too much

fairlink, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  17. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually that's not what you said originally. You stated that this outline is NEVER good for websites:

You should have said that in the first place ;)

18. tommy009

tommy009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not native english writer. I tried 108 ways to success writing but gain less than expect. I has changed my mind to don't do unreasonable things. Here is my summary to write the Good Contents.

- Focus on information / Don't focus too much on grammar. (but it's not bad to have a good language)
    - Do hard researching before writing / don't spend too much time to think while writing
    - Write your own style / Don't Fear to Write!!!
    - Check and correct content before submit / too much mistakens make it look fool

The most mistaken of writer is not language or education. It's because they're LAZY or FEAR to write.

tommy009, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  19. billyxu08

billyxu08 Peon

Best Answers:
    write is write ,you can write 3 articles every day for one target,and after a month ,you will change,and then you will konw what you will do!

billyxu08, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  20. diabloroxx

Best Answers:
    Well we won't be losing anything anyways...Peace out:):rolleyes:

diabloroxx, Jun 14, 2009 IP