1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write an excellent marketing/ sales oriented webpage

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by infofreek, May 21, 2008.

Hello fellow DPers,
    Could anybody guide me how to write an excellent marketing/ sales oriented web page. I would love to know which are the points that I should include in writing a marketing page in an emotional way, so that people will love to buy the product. The product is something about 'weight loss supplement'. I never wrote anything like this before. My niche is health. But my client wants me to write for him. I can't ignore him right away as I am writing for him for a long time.
    Please help. I am in trouble.

infofreek, May 21, 2008 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your first step is to build an audience profile.

After you've done this, it will be easier to "connect" with the proper audience.

Make sure you focus on what's important to the audience. Use bullets and headers to help relay information and make the document more usable.

Finally, focus heavily on benefits not features.

And last I looked, weight issues were part of the health field. :D

marketjunction, May 21, 2008 IP
    infofreek and jhmattern like this.
  3. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Put up your page, and then come back asking for suggestions.

Perry Rose, May 21, 2008 IP
  4. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you can take a look at my blog where I'm basically doing an exercise that goes from defining a target market to a position to a headline. Pretty much what marketjunction is talking about. Link is in the sig.

webgal, May 21, 2008 IP
    infofreek likes this.
  5. web.expert95

web.expert95 Peon

Best Answers:
    my advise would be, that if you can spend some money and are looking for long term, then better get it done bya professional, because you said that you havn't wrote anything before..juz my 2 cents.

web.expert95, May 21, 2008 IP
  6. infofreek

infofreek Peon

Best Answers:
    I should have done that. In fact I asked my client to get it done from other freelancers who have previously written such marketing/ sales pages. But he insisted me to write it for him. As I previously mentioned, I have a long term relation with him and can't afford to lose his faith.
    Thanks webgal. Rep added. But could you please give me any standing instruction where I would find a website who teaches this issue? I am not in a mood to subscribe anything, even if it's free. Once you have subscribed, your mailbox gets spammed.
    Thanks 'marketjunction. Rep added. I want to tell you that these pages are not related to health only. I can write hundreds of pages related to weight loss, probably thousands. But these pages are not like health related articles as we find in 'ezinearticles'. The main motto of these pages will be marketing, targeted to the specific viewer.
    I would like to get any link that will tell me how to make these pages better.

infofreek, May 21, 2008 IP
  7. staceyz

staceyz Member

Best Answers:
    make sure you follow this simple formula aida which stands for attention, interest, desire, action or another similar formula is ieeo which is interrupt, engage, educate and offer i would highly recommend you go to clickbank and look at the most popular sites in your category (ones with the highest gravity) and model - not copy their format and design and make it totally unique and orignal content of your own i repeat do not copy it but model success

staceyz, May 22, 2008 IP
  8. infofreek

infofreek Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello all,
    Could you please go through the following product description and give me your honest feedback?

**********(Name of the product)
    [FONT=&quot]You want to lose weight and don’t want to try the harder part of life? Well, (Name of the product) is here to rescue you. Losing weight was never so easier. Stir up two teaspoons of [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Name of the product)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] a day and you are done. No exercises, no drastic diet control. You will satiate your hunger still getting the required energy level. Power up your vitality with the [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Name of the product)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and lose your extra body tissues to become slimmer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]******************************************************************************************[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Losing weight was never so easy[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Key benefits for [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Name of the product)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] – [/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Mouth-watering flavors for all sorts of taste buds[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Incorporates cellular nutrition technique for healthy weight management[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Soy protein for required calorie input[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Revitalizing herbal health drink[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]No side effect[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Reasonably priced 30 day supply pack for your convenience[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Highlights of [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Name of the product)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the United States, more than 60% of population is either overweight or frankly obese. The main culprit is our dietary habit. It lacks the nutritional value and fiber. It is full of fat. Here are the proven points why you’ll choose [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Name of the product)[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]It is coming from a 30 year old reputed company. It is a publicly traded company featured in the Wall Street.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Over 30 million satisfied and repeated customers worldwide.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Product has been formulated by distinguished scientists, award-winning doctors and top-brass nutritional experts; one of them was Nobel laureate.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Formulated in one of the most modern laboratories in the US ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cellular & Molecular Nutrition Lab at UCLA).[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Scientifically formulated to reassure your body for most favorable metabolism, growth, repair and reproduction at the cellular level – Cellular Nutrition.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]A nourishing meal replacement shake mix with heart-friendly soy protein, required fiber, and 19 essential vitamins and minerals including time tested herbs that work.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Available in 5 delicious flavors: [/FONT][FONT=&quot](Name of the [/FONT]flavors)·[FONT=&quot]Personal guide for your complete support throughout the weight management program.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Usage – [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Choose from the delicious flavors. Two teaspoons per day. Add up your weight loss program with any other weight loss enhancers.
    [/FONT]

Due to certain reasons, I omitted the name of the product. But those who are really experienced to write this sort of things, will surely get the name behind. But I would request you not to disclose the name openly here. I want to know where are the problems. It means everything - grammar, vocabulary, accent - everything. I can take the pains of your bitter comments. It will help me to write better in future.

infofreek, May 23, 2008 IP
  9. web.expert95

web.expert95 Peon

Best Answers:
    getafreelancer would be the best option..or elance.com.

you will find professional players through elance.

cheers.

web.expert95, May 23, 2008 IP
  10. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe an excellent marketing/ sales oriented webpage can only be written with a solid foundation as copywriter.

If you are into the Public Relations or Marketing area it might not be hard but if you don't reading and learning is the way before starting to write.

If you are a talented writer on your regular niche, you can cover this field if you try ;)

Trusted Writer, May 23, 2008 IP
  11. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I’ll say a couple of things for free. :D

1. Keep the text SIMPLE. I about fell out of my chair when I read, “you will satiate your hunger.” (BTW satiate can also mean overeating & to be a pig, so watch your language.)

2. Focus on benefits, not features. “It comes in 5 flavors.” So? Tell the reader why he or she cares.

3. Draw a picture for the reader. The copy is like something you’d see on the side of any diet product bottle.

4. Keep in mind the difference between a feature and a benefit. For instance, “Incorporates cellular nutrition technique for healthy weight management” is a feature, not a benefit.

5. Leveling. Don’t just list content in any order. Level it to keep and hold interest. Don’t forget to close strong.

6. Again with language: “the required energy level.” Are you writing a technical manual for scientists? Think about your audience more.

7. If all else fails, hire an editor to polish your writing. :D

marketjunction, May 23, 2008 IP
  12. infofreek

infofreek Peon

Best Answers:
    I need more comments before I give you the story behind the sample ad copy :)

infofreek, May 23, 2008 IP
  13. TheAverageJoe

TheAverageJoe Peon

Best Answers:
    When in doubt you can always fall back on the good old "present problem, agitate problem, offer solution" formula.

TheAverageJoe, May 24, 2008 IP