1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write 4000 words an hour

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by PassGoSEO, May 9, 2013.

I got spammed the other day by the creator of one of those 'spinner' systems. He claims his own system uses 'Artificial Intelligence'.

Rather more interestingly, he puts up a vid showing how he 'creates' a 'brand new' article in 5 minutes, basically by stealing an ezine article, spinning it automatically with his own tool, then fixing the bits that still cause it to fail copyscape.

He goes on to claim that 'anyone' can 'write 4000 words an hour', and therefore make 'lots of money' as an 'article writer'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the very definition of plagiarism, or creating a 'derivative work'? I.e. copyright infringement?

I mention it because it backs up what I was saying a while ago about cheap article writers and how they do it.

I tried to post this in the legal section, but for some reason the mods deleted the thread, so if anyone is interested in seeing his video, and my own vid showing how he's failing pathetically to pass Google, please respond here - don't want to rile the mods again!

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    PassGoSEO, May 9, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  2. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    People who use this type of software really annoy me, it makes it so hard for decent honest writers to make a proper living!

Emma Pollard, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree. If anyone is interested, I can post up a link.

PassGoSEO, May 10, 2013 IP
  4. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've said it a million times before, article spinners are complete garbage. It's like an Arby's commercial where they show you this mountain of goodness piled on top of a bun, but then you go to Arby's and order the actual sandwich. Turns out, it's nothing like it's advertised and that's the same with "spinners".

When I tried hiring writers, you wouldn't believe me how many people would try to pass of spun crap as their work to me, it's so painfully obvious.

I've tried manually writing syntax content as well which is also something I would never do again in my life. Not even for $5/100 words, that's an absolute nightmare that no one should have to go through or do. I did the whole "3 levels deep" and it still came out as utter garbage.

Also, you're not losing much avoiding employers who want spun content, they're usually the cheapest people to work for and the hardest to please.

coreygeer, May 11, 2013 IP
  5. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Nicely put. So, if anyone actually wants to see the link, or the video rebuttal, just say so,.

PassGoSEO, May 11, 2013 IP
  6. shoogsx

shoogsx Member

Best Answers:
    i'd like to see it why not, while most article spinners are crap,
    some of them do help you write articles faster and in bigger quantity
    it really depends on how you use it, if you need lots of articles to use
    on 2nd tier, spinned article are the way to go but i would never use it
    on my money site.

you have to remember that not everyone can write great articles,
    and paying for a good writer can be expansive (the cheaper ones use article spinners anyway...)

the other day i saw an article spinner that seems to be excellent,
    haven't tried it myself but it has lots of positive reviews and they say in the video
    that's it can "automatically create human quality content" it's called "word ai" (i'm not affiliated in any way)
    it's very expansive though...

Last edited: May 11, 2013
    shoogsx, May 11, 2013 IP
  7. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with you on this, if you want to rank in Google then you need to have good, quality content which communicates to a human reader not some spun rubbish that my 5 year old twins could do a better job of.
    The only things that you got right is that not everybody can write articles and yes paying for a good writer can be expensive, however it is an expense of your business. If you want to make serious money from your site then it is well worth the investment.

Emma Pollard, May 11, 2013 IP
  8. shoogsx

shoogsx Member

Best Answers:
    as i stated in my post and i quote "i would never use it on my money site."
    which means i absolutely agree with you, so you clearly misunderstood what i was saying.

but when you build backlinks to your site:
    1st tier web 2.0 properties with great content linking to your site,
    2nd tier thousands of backlinks to your 1st tier with spunned content 80%
    percent unique.

it works great (from experience) and it's panda safe.
    there is absolutely no need to write great content to your 2nd tier,
    absolute waste of time and money.
    and you can't write 1000 articles in a short period of time anyway...

shoogsx, May 11, 2013 IP
  9. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    I obviously misunderstood your point but the point still remains that while these spinners are out there it is taking business from the honest, hard working writers.

10. shoogsx

shoogsx Member

Best Answers:
    i see your point, but i personally believe that there is a place for both.

people who care for their business always use original and well researched content,
    and those who don't suffer in the long term especially with the newest Google updates.
    (not to mention that people don't stay on their site long enough to purchase anything...)

but backlinks are totally a different story...
    every site today has thousands of sites linking to it and
    and spun content makes it easier to get them.

sure there lots of people that are selling spun crap that people
    buy, but after a while they start to get negative reviews and vanish as if they never existed...
    no to mention that most costumers never return...
    i know, i was foolish enough to buy 20 articles that your twins probably could have written better...

but that doesn't mean that spun content or software's are bad...
    i use them a lot to get links or even hire someone to do it for me
    and i get it for a great price!

there will always be a place for quality writers whether it's online or offline,
    i mean who do you think writes all the speeches for the leaders of the world?
    definitely not some cheap freelancer that uses spun content...

shoogsx, May 11, 2013 IP
  11. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    I completely agree, it does serve a purpose to some extent, but what about when Google catches up with it? There will be loads of sites which will potentially fall from the internet but then I guess decent writers like me will be typing our fingers to the bone and making a fortune when that happens :)

12. shoogsx

shoogsx Member

Best Answers:
    Google always changes it's algorithm and we need to adapt,
    what works today probably won't work the next day...
    but i believe that there will always be a place for spun content (it just might be smaller)
    and your are right, you will benefit from all of this in the long run...

thank you for a great conversation, i really enjoyed it!
    i really need to get some sleep now (been awake all day...)
    would love to know how much you charge for an article,
    i currently have a writer but who knows you clearly have your way
    with words (checked out your site)...

Good night!

shoogsx, May 11, 2013 IP
  13. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:

the place for spun content is in the bin.

As I have already shown on other threads, Google is able to detect spun content easily now, and has started the process of weeding out sites that use it. As usual, Google starts with the worst offenders and works its way down. If your 'second tier' (a phrase BTW, that stamps you out as someone who still thinks its a good idea to try and 'game' Google) sites are still working for you, Google hasn't gotten round to the yet, but rest assured, it will. And being the vindictive sods they are, they will follow the trail all the way back to your money sites, and ban everything.

It's funny you mention 'wordai' - that's the crappy spinner that inspired this thread. Here's his page where he heartily recommends you steal other people's stuff, and spin it so you don't get caught infringing their copyright. Nice guy, or what?

Sleazy thief recommends stealing other people's articles

He claims you can 'create' up to '4000 words an hour' using his method of stealing, then rewriting bits by hand to ensure it 'passes copyscape'.

You can tell how 'advanced' he is, because he still thinks passing copyscape is important. He hasn't twigged yet that passing google is the key.

If anyone wants to see it, I can show a video in real time of our humble little tool demolishing the example articles he claims were created with 'artificial intelligence'.

Artificial stupidity, more like.

PassGoSEO, May 11, 2013 IP
  14. shoogsx

shoogsx Member

Best Answers:
    anytime you build your own backlinks to your site you "game" Google since it doesn't occur naturally.
    your username is "PassGoSeo" isn't it? so i'm guessing you create backlinks to your site, well guess what you are "gaming" google!

the idea is to be smart about it and to adapt, did you really think that i would just expose all
    of my method here, absolutely not! so don't just assume that i create millions of 2nd tier backlinks
    with spun content and hope that my site won't get penalized.

I would love to see the video you are referring to,
    please remember that while Google always improves their algorithm,
    so do the spun software creator's. while they can't create human quality
    content today, they will probably be able to in the future...

now you are probably shaking your head "how dare you say such ridiculous things",
    well there are programs like senuke xcr, no hands seo, backlink monster (the list goes on) that work great even though google changed their algorithm millions of times... and guess what? they use spun content!

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    shoogsx, May 12, 2013 IP
  15. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't see the difference between using your own efforts to achieve an end, and stealing someone else's to do it, it's unlikely anyone on here can help you, so feel free to carry on - I'm sure you'll get your just desserts.

enjoy

You're missing the point. I know of a number of spinners that can produce 'human quality' rewrites (and no, that doesn't include wordai or thebesterestestspinner). NONE of them can hide that fact that the content has been spun. I've posted vids to show this - it's totally unambiguous.

I appreciate you might find this hard to understand, because the techniques required to backtrack a piece of text to its unspun form are based on some pretty obscure maths, but if WE can do it, you can bet every last cent you own that Google can do it better.

It makes no difference how much 'better' a spinner become, if we can track it back to the original, and say it's a spun derivative, we can discount it.

Which is what Google is already doing.

Seriously - if you think stealing other people's stuff is OK as long as you spin it to try and hide the fact you stole it, get ready for a massive Googledump all over your head. How long they take to get round to you depends on how important you are. Tiddlers may be able to scratch a few bucks here and there for a year, 18 months more. Big fish are already getting fried.

PassGoSEO, May 12, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  16. writerpoint2050

writerpoint2050 Peon

Best Answers:
    4000 words unique article per hour is not possible, yes you can recycle content from the web and sell it but such content is SPAM does not work.

writerpoint2050, May 13, 2013 IP
  17. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spun content is stolen content!!!

I'm so tired of people saying it's acceptable because writers are expensive. So are houses, cars and just about anything else of value.

Explain to me why is it OK for a site owner to want to make money but not for a writer to make money? When any business doesn't make enough money to purchase raw materials, in this case the written word, they are not a viable business. Try going to Walmart and asking for a discount because you think you should only pay 5 cents on the dollar because they're too expensive.

Spinners and the people who use them, with other people's content, are thieves. Using your own content to spin as an article marketing strategy is dead - Google killed it as a viable option several years ago.

Spun content is garbage because it can never be more than a pale imitation of the original.

YMC, May 13, 2013 IP
  18. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whether or not you can speak of stolen content or not, is not even an argument in my opinion. It doesn't work period.

It's like stealing a broken car. What does it bring you, besides rubbish taking up space? :p

Kraven2, May 13, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  19. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:

Both you and YMC make good points - The point about viable businesses being able to afford raw material is particularly apt! Also, these thieves only do it online - none of them have the cojones to steal in the real world - they only do it when they think there is no risk.

That all changed when Google showed they could detect spun content - the MINIMUM risk now is a Googleban. The MAXIMUM risk is jail time, via fines & court action.

What's interesting is that you could argue that people who sell spinners now are actually doing the rest of us a favor. Why? Because they are taking money /resources from 'balckhatterers' in return for something that is now effectively worthless.

Any blackhatterer who is too dumb to do his due diligence, and hasn't figured out yet that spun content is dead, deserves to have his money scammed off him by a spinner seller.

PassGoSEO, May 13, 2013 IP
  20. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. Sure, inexpensive "writers" have invaded forums and places like oDesk, but the people who hire these "writers" are not the buyers I want to work for anyway.

I don't want to accept a job from a buyer who wants a large amount of work, the quickest TAT, at the cheapest price possible who has a hard time deciphering between mediocre quality content and high quality content due to a language barrier or their own reading comprehension and grammar skills. Even if they can decipher between poor/average quality and high quality, some buyers just simply don't care. They'll settle for lower quality as long as it is readable and will pass CopyScape. They are simply not my target market.

There are good paying gigs out there. Sure, there's a lot of garbage to weed through, but they are there. Buyers eventually get fed-up with the hassles of lower end "writers". The smart ones will make the necessary adjustments to attract a higher quality writer.

The people who purchase article spinners and article "writing" type software who are not "writers" using it to make money quick, are not my concern either. They are not my competition. Eventually, they won't sell their products, won't rank well, and won't make decent money through AdWords, selling advertising, and the likes. The people who use some sort of writing software to produce content have a long road ahead of them to even come close to being a worthy opponent to myself and other skilled writers who earn money online independant of writing for others. They are just simply wasting their time, trying to cash in on the quick buck before moving on to try something else. Cheap and/or lower quality content is not a long term business strategy. They soon learn that using lower quality content to make a quick buck isn't as easy or profitable as they thought.

TextServices, May 14, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.