1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to wrap somw arrows around a circle.. ?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Trahis, Nov 23, 2009.

How difficuld could be to do that?

[​IMG]

Is there any way to make a circle using 3 arrows?

I was thinking of placing the arrows one by one like this..

-----> -----> ----->

And somehow to connect the front with the back side..

is there any tool in photoshop to do that? As I googled.. everybody talks about croping circles etc etc.. that make no sense to me...

Y for this I should spend so many hours ?

Trahis, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  2. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    If I were to go about doing this then I'd create a circle using the shape tool, and then use the path tool to select this circle you've created, then copy (ctrl+c) and then paste (ctrl+v) it, and then change the path type to subtract, then use the transform tool to make it smaller (ctrl+t), and then you'll be left with an outline of a circle. After that it's just a case of adding a few rectangles into that shape layer (hold ALT while the shape layer is selected using the grey box in the layers menu, and the shape rectangle tool is selected) and arrange them (ctrl+t, rotate using the outer corners) to make the circle into thirds, then add the arrowheads ontop by drawing a triangle using the pen tool, and copy paste the path into the shape layer.

Ouch, that was a mouthful. I'll do it and give you the source file.

[30 mins later ]

[​IMG]

Man, that took longer than I thought, the problem was one arrow overlapping eachother. I can see that the one in your example has been rather crudely done, with the arrowheads in a seperate layer so as you can see the gradient doesn't continue very cleanly (there's a colour change line next to the arrowhead). I've made them in the same layer, but getting it to overlap was slightly harder, I did in a possibly crude way, by subtracting the area around where the arrowhead is on the layer that it needs to overlap. Anyway, none of this probably makes sense, it's hard to express this stuff in words.

Anyway, if you want the psd then I'll send it over, just PM me your email.

Thanks.

Hecky, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  3. Drdrip

Drdrip Peon

Best Answers:
    Use illustrator, j=much easier to create from scratch in vector and you will get a cleaner image.

Drdrip, Nov 24, 2009 IP