1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to withdraw cash in Indian banks?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by olddocks, Feb 22, 2010.

i sorry if this question sounds dumb to you as i this is my first time of withdrawing cash at bank counter.

I went to icici bank today to withdraw cash about 1 lac at counter, and they told me there is no form for cash withdrawal and i have to use the cheque. i have never used checks before and have check book issued 3 yrs ago by icici when i opened the account. will the check leaf be valid?

is there any other way of withdrawal cash at counter? i dont want to use debit card or so because there is a 25k limit.
    Please if can anybody help!

P.s: This is not related to paypal.

olddocks, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  2. adithya

adithya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well thanks to ATM usage,normally many banks wont have cash withdrawal slips .. :D
    And regarding the cheque i am pretty sure its still valid ... :)

Just use the cheque and you can withdraw easily :)

adithya, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  3. adi231189

adi231189 Peon

Best Answers:
    u can't withdraw through counter wow don't know about it i never heard that you can't do that though the amount is high i would say withdraw in batches through ATM below the limit couple of time you should be fine

adi231189, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  4. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, your 3 year old cheque works, if not they will issue a new cheque book. Why are u asking it here, when you can ask them directly. Darely go to the bank and ask what you want, why fear man...

powerboss, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  5. adi231189

adi231189 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah powerboss is right there is no need to worry just go to the bank and ask i agree ICICI is a pain sometimes when you go to the branch but nowdays very few people visit the branch.i would say go and meet the bank guys and they should help you out.

adi231189, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  6. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys! great response!

i believe most debit cards have withdrawal limit to Rs 25k or at max 50k. what if we want to withdraw 3 lacs or something for construction etc..There should be some way..

ICICI told me that on the bank, where i have account, cash withdrawal at counter is unlimited and if its a branch, its only Rs 50'000/day. Thought this info would help.

what do i put in check? write self and sign it?

Has anybody had done this before?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    olddocks, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  7. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People do such withdrawals... all the time! Just address the check to 'SELF' and do not cancel the bearer option!

You will be also required to sign again on the reverse of the cheque leaf at the counter... for verification of you being the real account holder! :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  8. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    well yea u have to do it using check i dont think u can just go to them and tell them hey i need this much from my account like in US

Bohra, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  9. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put 'SELF' sign it and place it on the counter and get the cash, If the amount is over 1 Lakh then you will also need to provide some kind of proof for ICICI and also HDFC for sure.

Red_Virus, Feb 22, 2010 IP