1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to View Conversation Context?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Raymond Ogden, Jun 13, 2020.

I've only been on twitter a few years and never really used it much. Now I'm getting very involved with it and there's a question that, after hours of Googling, I can't find the answer to.
    Say I reply to a tweet and get involved in a semi-live conversation where we're all trading comments and replies. Then I may move on and have conversations in other threads I encounter.
    A couple of days may go by and then I'll see a reply notification from someone who's responding to something I said some time ago and all it says is something like "Oh yeah. Well, that's not the way I see it".
    Is there any away to view the whole of the thread, or at least a few entries before the reply, to get a sense of what that person was responding to?
    Is there an internal Twitter feature or trick, or a separate addon or extension, or a substitute for the twitter app that would facilitate this?
    SEMrush

Raymond Ogden, Jun 13, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also don't use twitter that often, but if I remember correctly, there is a link "View conversation", clicking which opens the original tweetplus replies to it.

You have to click the link in the notification first though...

JEET, Jun 13, 2020 IP
  3. Raymond Ogden

Raymond Ogden Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using the web version on a PC and I can't find "view conversation" at any menu depth. I recall seeing it on some rare occasion, but I think the OP has to designate their tweet as a convo before that button will appear.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Raymond Ogden, Jun 14, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just click on the notification and it expands to show who liked it, click again and it takes you to the thread

sarahk, Jun 14, 2020 IP
  5. Raymond Ogden

Raymond Ogden Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't seem to work on the web version, but someone got me the right answer.

"Click on the timeline next to the replier's name. That little ''3h'' next to the replier @. It will take you to another page with the full exchange."

This issue can be marked as resolved.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Raymond Ogden, Jun 14, 2020 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe I didn't explain it right

I have this notification (excuse the typo in the tweet itself)
    upload_2020-6-15_8-32-43.png

I click it and the tweet expands
    upload_2020-6-15_8-33-35.png

I click anywhere on the tweet again and I go to the thread - you can see the tweet above mine in the screenshot, I just have to scroll up
    upload_2020-6-15_8-34-50.png

sarahk, Jun 14, 2020 IP