1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use VLC media player for mac

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by everzones, Jun 30, 2009.

i have download a VLC media player, but i don't know how to use it, who can help me?

everzones, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  2. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you specifically downloaded the VLC version for mac? It's just easy to install as the installation process will guide you through.

You can also try nice player which is for Mac also.

sakto, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  3. emigre

emigre Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Download VLCplayer for Mac
    2. Double click VLC icon
    3. Drag VLC app into your applications folder
    4. Drag any media file into VLCplayer icon in the dock (that's the row of pop up icons at the bottom of your mac when you mouse over)

emigre, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  4. everzones2009

everzones2009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Firstly, download VLC Media Player and install it on your computer correctly.

Secondly, click "File", then "Open" from the top navigation menu of the player. Lead the movie file in the player to open. Click "OK" to open the file.

Thirdly, the movie should begin playing immediately. If the movie does not begin to play, the file may be corrupted or may contain an error.

Finally, for full screen viewing, right-click on the player window and select "Full Screen Mode" from the content menu.

everzones2009, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  5. hofster

hofster Peon

Best Answers:
    VLC Media Player also allows you to change the interface style by downloading and installing new skins. There are hundreds of skins and themes available for the VLC media player. Download VLC player free. I downloaded the latest version at the vlc player download page but for some reason it keeps crashing all the time. Here's the link to vlc player download page if somebody doesn't know what it is.

Downloadvlcplayer.org

hofster, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  6. inspiroHost

inspiroHost Peon

Best Answers:
    The cool thing about vlc media player is that it supports almost all audio and video formats, and that includes .mkv files so you can watch videos while you are still downloading them.

inspiroHost, May 30, 2011 IP
  7. Sanjay Mitaliya

Sanjay Mitaliya Peon

Best Answers:
    You just simply have to follow this steps:
    1. Download the Mac OS X package from the VLC MacOS X download page.
    2. Double-click on the icon of the package: an icon will appear on your Desktop, right beside your drives.
    3. Open it and drag the VLC application from the resulting window to the place where you want to install it (it should be /Applications).

Sanjay Mitaliya, Dec 20, 2017 IP
  8. Slurpie

Slurpie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great choice in VLC media player. It's one of the best. I think the above posts already cover how to use it on a Mac though.

Slurpie, Jan 6, 2018 IP