1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use twitter to get max output

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by malikwiki, Mar 7, 2009.

I just started with twitter and I want to ask how to use twitter to get best out of it ???

malikwiki, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  2. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well you need to build up followers and you can't just post spam or links to your site you need to build conversations

Sensei.Design, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For advertising- use it subliminally - follow people you're interested in, do not immediately follow 2000 people expecting them all to follow you - a) they won't and b) you'll be spotted as a spammer and banned.
    Start off by adding people you actually know, engage in genuine dialogue and conversations, and build up follwers and following slowly. If you've got something interesting to promote, mention it occasionally to people who you have reason to think will be interested.

magda, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  4. markyp

markyp Peon

Best Answers:
    Try and keep the conversation interesting. Put up your link in your twitter home page. Then every so often in the conversation say. Im doing this on blah blah site or i've just updated this site. people will look. Trust me.
    when I first joined I kept droping hints about SEO and affilaite marketing tactics. Not rehashed crap but seriously good stuff without giving too much away. when you get to that point lots other people will follow you too. You can get really good traffic and sales if you do it right.

markyp, Mar 7, 2009 IP
  5. d.arbib

d.arbib Guest

Best Answers:
    Only follow the highest targeted friends is the most imporatant of all.

d.arbib, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  6. Zara14

Zara14 Member

Best Answers:
    you need to mkake sure you have lots of followers and make friends with them, they will click your link.

Zara14, Mar 8, 2009 IP
  7. AMac08

AMac08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use it as a tool to interact wih your friends and your market. Like people said, build a following and take it from there. Be interesting an entertaining. Imagine your twitter followers as a large audience watching you and do your best to deliver great content to them in an interesting or entertaining way.

AMac08, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  8. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I also 3nd that you should just spam your links out on twitter, it takes time to build your network up, do that first or it's pointless to market on twitter without followers

Brandon Sheley, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  9. TheHostingPalace

TheHostingPalace Peon

Best Answers:
    So then should you commercialize the twitter account like "business name" or should you use your personal one and just gain friends personally then promote every once in a while?

TheHostingPalace, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  10. jb=]

jb=] Peon

Best Answers:
    People are actually using twitter to market now? Grrr... everything is considered a marketing strategy now.

jb=], Mar 10, 2009 IP
  11. jamesplato

jamesplato Active Member

Best Answers:
    i guess it depends on your niche and your network :0)

jamesplato, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  12. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a good tool to establish followers and friends. You can use it to drive traffic. So it is important to update it regularly.

mrandrei, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  13. Lethal7

Lethal7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lethal7, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  14. studygm

studygm Peon

Best Answers:
    In response to how to get targeted followers, here's a few ideas to get you started

•Likely you've already got a website with a product. Put your twitter name there and tell them to follow you to get advice.

•There is a badge you can put on your site: TwitterCounter Stats: The Ultimate Twitter Statistics Provider! as well.

•When you comment on blogs, post in forums, send out emails, always include your twitter link in it.

•Talk to other people. Find somebody you like and tweet them, get them to tweet back, and it is posted on their twitter page for all their followers to see.

•Post some genuinely useful tweets on your topic. Include the keywords in your tweets. People search twitter for keywords they are interested in.

•Teach your followers what an RT is (a retweet) that gets your name out there to other twitter groups and can get many followers. Highly retweeted tweets get aggregated to popular twitter sites and thousands of people will see it then.

Anybody else have ideas?

studygm, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  15. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have never used twitter, but to me it just sounds like an upgraded version of a blog, but with a fancy name, and maybe some better functions.

dscurlock, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  16. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do not spam at first just wait a while and then when you think you have enough people to make money go for it.

TheSyndicate, Mar 15, 2009 IP