1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use Social networking sites to bring traffic?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by JrBradPitt, Apr 20, 2009.

I have been looking at ways to get a better page ranking at my website and I have been thinking about using the likes of Facebook, Twitter etc. So my questions are:
    1. Do these have any major effect on page ranking or would it be a waste of time?
    And
    2. How can I use social networking effectively with my article directory?
    Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.....

JrBradPitt, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    On page ranking specifically, I guess you'll have to look for those links without the rel="nofollow" attached to them.
    But in terms of visitors, the social networking sites can greatly help.
    In your case you could select about ten most popular articles, find a few pictures to illustrate it, and make a video for each, something really simple, with the link to your site in the video and then upload it on video sites with your link again in the description of the videos.
    That means work, but you should get some rewards out of it, and recruit new article submitters.

JamesColin, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  3. usergame

usergame Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer Facebook group, it works if done right.
    I'm not talking about any link back or PR, but about the potential traffic you will get from setting up a Facebook group.
    But keep in mind that facebook groups are like forums, should be dedicated to help visitors and the marketing using groups will be indirect, rather than promoting your products, you just put a link to your website...

usergame, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  4. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Social network sites work great if your site has something new and unique to offer. Otherwise you may not be able to excite people and join your website.

jitendraag, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  5. rorie12

rorie12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I added a site to Kaboodle and every time someone adds you to their list of "Things I love" you get a link reported in Google Webmaster Tools. Hope that helps!

rorie12, Apr 20, 2009 IP
  6. maxmuller123

maxmuller123 Banned

Best Answers:
    For MySpace, send messages to people.

maxmuller123, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  7. wolf597

wolf597 Peon

Best Answers:
    advertising on social networking sites is a great way to build traffic, and its free too!

wolf597, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  8. WebGeek182

WebGeek182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They won't have a direct benefit on SEO, but they will have a secondary benefit, which can still be huge. The main thing with social media is to not act like you're there to sell but rather become a friend to people. when it makes sense you can post links to your content, if it's relevant to your crowd. This can go viral, and can expose people to your site, which can gain some good links for you from other websites.

WebGeek182, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  9. Mah Milton

Mah Milton Peon

Best Answers:
    i have linked my site about 180 social bookmarking site. Its just bookmarking nothing any else. Just sign up an save thats it. is that all or will anything have to do? i don't understand. Any comments or suggestion are welcome.
    And can you give some idea how to index their homepage of the social bookmarking site.

Mah Milton, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  10. linkpopularitymatters

linkpopularitymatters Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to write informative, unique and well researched post,thenpost it to your own site. And promote your post on social media sites like Digg and stumbleupon .

linkpopularitymatters, Apr 22, 2009 IP