1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to update my code

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by cma6, Aug 5, 2016.

I've had comments on my code from one Sitepoint commenter. I would apprecite specifics from any experts on how to correct my code on this page:
    https://www.vintagetextile.com/1920s_to_1930s.htm

The comments were:
    you've got a LOT of non-semantic markup that should really be cleaned up... like the H1 that's not unified across pages, presentational images (like the logo) in the markup, blocking text in the h2, overstuffed keywords meta designed to get you slapped down or ignored by search, endless pointless DIV for nothing, etc, etc... Much less the bizzaroland duplicate content in the menu?!?
    Also, the elements are riding up and indenting as you've got no float clearing or float wrapping. Try setting overflow:hidden (and zoom:1 if you care about IE6/earlier) on .item to clear up that problem... oh wait, you're saying three columns... are you TRYING to make it look like a confusing mess / rendering error at higher resolutions?

So does anyone have specifics on what changes to code and meta keywords that I should make?

cma6, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds like @deathshadow - have you been on Sitepoint, dude?

On my phone now, but if what is said in that comment is correct, you should probably follow that advice.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not welcome there -- since all they seem to care about is encouraging sycophants, blowing smoke up people's asses, and doing anything they can to sell their crappy books no matter how many people they screw over in the process.

Though that does look like direct copypasta of previous posts of mine about said site... Which does have problems like tables for nothing, div for nothing, classes for nothing, gibberish use of numbered headings, etc, etc, etc...

deathshadow, Aug 5, 2016 IP
  4. WebDeveloperOne

WebDeveloperOne Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me know if you still need this. I can help.

WebDeveloperOne, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  5. cma6

cma6 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Peon:
    Thanks for the reply. I cleaned up some of the keyword isssues but do need help on the other issues mentioned.

cma6, Aug 11, 2016 IP