1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to truely test a web browser and its extensions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by neotester, Nov 14, 2011.

Ok. First of all, hello. I'm intenting to use only a browser on my PC. Just a browser and its dependable technologies such as Adobe Flash, Air, Shockwave, Silverlight and Java.

So, I'm using Google Chrome for most of my web surfing since I think it's cool, fast, reliable. The thing is, as most of you guys I try once in a while some extensions, out of curiosity. Games, social media extensions, anything that somehow might help me be more productive on the web.

But, what I'm really curious about is how can I truely test a browser? I mean, how can I see just how fast it really is in comparison to other browsers? Or how much RAM memory it uses in comparison with other browsers? And, if I install extensions, do they increase my RAM, CPU usage?

How can I see all of these things in detail? And, please, don't tell me to open 5 pages in Chrome and the same 5 pages in Firefox and look in Task Manager for my RAM, CPU usage because I don't really trust Task Manager.

I need accurate tools, something where from I can get numbers and interpret them. Does anyone have any idea where I can start?

Thank you.

neotester, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  2. neotester

neotester Peon

Best Answers:
    So, no one has any idea? I've already tested latest Firefox and Chrome for speed with ACID3 and PeaceKeeper but I'm not satisfied. I want to know how I can deeply see how much hardware resources a browser can consume.
    Please let me know below if you have any suggestions.

neotester, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a tool more accurate than Task Manager (it's pretty accurate) you'll have to write your own. Professional programmers don't waste time reinventing the wheel.

Rukbat, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  4. neotester

neotester Peon

Best Answers:
    I see. Thank you for your reply.

neotester, Nov 15, 2011 IP