1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to transfer a domain name that i bought to godaddy

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by hereyago, Apr 22, 2009.

how do i transfer a domain name that i bought from someone else to my godaddy account?

the person that i bought the domain name from doesn't have godaddy

has anyone done this before?

hereyago, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  2. Nitroshock

Nitroshock Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done this before and it's not too much trouble as long as there are no unforeseen issues (like a new or recently transferred domain - they can't be transferred for six months from the registration date or last transfer). But even without issues, it will still take several days up to a week or more to complete the transfer.

Here's the basic idea:

1. The seller makes sure the domain is unlocked at the current registrar and then sends you a security code (called an "EPP code") that is specific to the domain (available from the current registrar).

2. You submit a request at GoDaddy to transfer the domain into your account. Enter your details, the domain details, and the EPP code received from the seller when asked for it.

3. An email will be sent to the seller notifying them of the transfer request. This gives them time to deny the transfer if something isn't right. If the seller doesn't decline the transfer within a given amount of time (usually 5-7 days), it will automatically go through. Some registrars allow the seller to expedite an approval of the transfer while other registrars make you wait.

4. If the seller approves (or doesn't deny) the transfer, the domain will show up in your GoDaddy account within a week or so (faster if approved/expedited by the seller).

Hope this gives you an idea of the process. Post here if you've got more questions.

Good luck and I hope you got a good name. :)

Nitroshock, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  3. hereyago

hereyago Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you submit a request to godaddy that you want to transfer the domain to your account?

I can't find that option anywhere.

hereyago, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  4. luck2009

luck2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    how about transfer you domain to Todaynic ,you will told how to transfer you domian step by step on the website

luck2009, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  5. megahoster

megahoster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    search in help otherwise use live support !!

megahoster, Apr 23, 2009 IP