1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Transfer a Cpanel account to zPanel?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Andy Lippis, Dec 12, 2014.

Does anyone know how to do this? i cant seem to find anything on it.

Andy Lippis, Dec 12, 2014 IP
  2. emailzapper

emailzapper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you would have to backup up the files and database from cpanle and then login into the zpanel and create the database and upload the files and then upload the data dump directly to the database created in the zpanelcp.

emailzapper, Dec 14, 2014 IP
  3. dbpublic

dbpublic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe there's no automated process for this migration. You will need to move everything manually - database and public_html files. And are you using cPanel emails too?

Why do you want to migrate cPanel to zPanel. cPanel is always the industry standard control panel for website hosting - but of course, you will do fine with any free control panel as long as you are familiar with their setting.

dbpublic, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  4. Andy Lippis

Andy Lippis Member

Best Answers:
    it would be good if their was an automated process for migration but i was just testing it out. zpanel does seem like a good replacement. cPanel is great but if i can do the same stuff on a free control panel than way not. I already migrated a couple of accounts manually.

Andy Lippis, Dec 16, 2014 IP
  5. pwhrita

pwhrita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, zPanel and the cPanel is way different in terms of many feature. I would not hesitate to pay some $$ if i get features that cPanel does offers. But if you are on tight budget then zpanel is good one to go with and there is no other way than manual migration.

pwhrita, Dec 18, 2014 IP
    Andy Lippis likes this.