1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Track Google ads conversions properly

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by tofiqs, Apr 15, 2020.

Hey all,
    Hope everyone is doing good.
    I am running a Google ads campaign for a roofing company here in Nashville, TN.
    Our Google ads landing page is website service page itself (site page) but we don't have any contact us form on those lading page. My client needs that people coming from Google ads should click the "Contact Us" page button which is common in all page, and then should comes to Contact us page and fill up the form.
    Now we already have created Goal setup in Google analytics to track conversions, now can someone please help me out how to diversify the conversions coming from Google ads. How to track that those actual contact us leads comes from Google ads.
    Please comment if you didn't understand what I am actually asking.
    And help me out please.

tofiqs, Apr 15, 2020 IP
  2. Elliot Sheen

Elliot Sheen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

To clarify, you're saying that you are currently tracking users who filled out the contact form on the website as a goal in Analytics, which you have imported into Google Ads.

BUT these don't all turn into paid customers and you want a way of tracking the ones that turn into paid customers?

If this is correct then you will need to look into offline conversion tracking. Offline conversion tracking pairs the unique GCLID to the user and allows you to upload these back into Google Ads.

The process would look like this:

Users fills out form > their user id (GCLID) is passed with the form in a hidden field > these details are automatically added to your CRM / Google Sheets > when marked as a customer by your client they're sent to a Google Sheet > this Google Sheet is used as a source for offline conversions by Google ads.

Hopefully I have understood your query, if not, please clarify and I will do my best to help!]
    Many thanks, Elliot.

Elliot Sheen, Apr 27, 2020 IP