1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Track Events On Specific URLs

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by NeerajVarma, Feb 14, 2017.

I need to track button clicks, link clicks and image clicks on specific pages. I can't see where I can do that in your interface. Does your software do this?

NeerajVarma, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you talking about Better Analytics for XenForo or Better Analytics for WordPress?

digitalpoint, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  3. NeerajVarma

NeerajVarma Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you go to Settings -> Better Analytics -> General, you should have an event option for "Clicks On External Links". There isn't an option for clicking internal links because it's inherent. Google Analytics tracks the page view of the page they clicked to as well as the click path (referring page they clicked from).

As far as button clicks, can you be more specific? What sort of button is it exactly if it's not a link? Like a form submission button, or? Same with the image clicks... do you have people clicking images for some reason that aren't links? What are they clicking for/to when they click an image?

digitalpoint, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  5. NeerajVarma

NeerajVarma Member

Best Answers:
    The page I want to track sells several different courses. I am sending PPC traffic, so I want to track which buttons get the click. The images related to the courses are also clickable.. so I want to track that too. Also, there are a few text links on the same page.... I guess they are all links?

6. NeerajVarma

NeerajVarma Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. I checked out the page information in GA. It does not track button / link clicks unless I have it set up with the code supplied by GA. I can't implement that code because every time WP does an update all the code I put in will likely disappear. I was looking for a plugin where I could apply the GA code to buttons / links / images so I can use the GA system for tracking clicks. The "External Links" option is checked off in Better Analytics, but I don't see that button clicks are tracked anywhere.

7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can actually add whatever custom code you want without needing to edit WP templates. If you go to Settings -> Better Analytics -> Advanced (last tab), there is an area for "Extra JavaScript", which will inject whatever custom JS you want to add if you have custom things you want to track.

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2017 IP