1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Target Keywords With Multiple Spellings?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by jvfconsulting, Mar 21, 2011.

A client of ours has supplied us with a huge list of Keywords they would like to rank for, I'm I'm trying to help them narrow down their choices. For example they gave us they keywords "Theater" & "Theatre". How can I effectively target both of these keywords?

I have the same question about "Performance" & "Perform"? If you listed the keyword "Perform" in your title, would you still rank for Performance?

jvfconsulting, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  2. onlineprime08

onlineprime08 Peon

Best Answers:
    On the case of "theatre" and "theater", I think you should choose what is most used on search queries and by users.
    But if you would observe on google adwords, both are the same in results searches and results. So there is no need to worry.

In case of performance and perform, you can use both. they both have different meaning at all anyway. Performance is the act, while perform is to act.

onlineprime08, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  3. Codbox

Codbox Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use 'performance' in your title then keyword perform will also point your site. But the keyword performance won't lead to your title 'perform'

Codbox, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  4. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I notice significant traffic levels in keywords which are spelled differently, I would use the same page to try to rank for both of them. However, rather than interchange the spelling during the article and confuse the reader I would just say something like:

"People who are British may use the word “theatre, while people in American use the word theater"

Therefore both words have been used on the page. I would then stick with the one in which is suitable for the majority of your visitors.

l234244, Mar 22, 2011 IP