1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to target individual cities with a Facebook ad?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by wheelstb, Feb 5, 2017.

I am doing my first Facebook ad. I'm trying to figure out how to target individual cities. Right now, my only targeting option is doing a radius around my location. I would like to be able to do something more specific.

The ad is for a retail store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wheelstb, Feb 5, 2017 IP
  2. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty simple actually. What you do is when you create your add, on the second page or section entitled "Ad Set" and under "Audience" then in the "Locations" box it will probably say United States. Under this it will show you "Include" with a space to the right where you can type in Chicago, Texas, etc. cities and / or states that will be included in your ad reach. But when you type in a specific state or states, your ad reach will change from United States to whatever state(s) you enter. Hope this helps.... :D

Dana C. Beck, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  3. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh and by the way before I forget, it also depends upon which objective you choose as well. If you choose "local awareness" this may limit you to a radius based upon your current location. But if you choose for instance "Brand Awareness" or any of the others, that should open up to select specific states and / or cities. I've never used "Local Awareness" so that my be why you're not able to target specific cities.

Dana C. Beck, Feb 9, 2017 IP