1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Successfully Print Pages Of A Flash or SWF File?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by phaze3131, Jul 18, 2007.

Hello all,

I am attempting to print a page of my flash file from within flash (in the root of the file) and certain things are left out, as they are left out on the actual flash 8 viewing screen.

I also tried compiling it and then going to print from SWF file on the page I wanted a print out of, that worked better but still very distorted. I'm just wondering how I can go about accomplishing the goal of printing out various pages of my flash file.

Also I know that like internet resolution is like 72dpi but the flash file I'm not sure what resolution it is at, is there a way to check? I'd like to print the various pages of my flash file at the highest possible resolution, so knowing all that thank you all for the help!

Travis

P.S. I mean I know I could always take a screen shot of it and do that but then it's only at 72 dpi right? I'm looking for the 300dpi what the flash file is probably natively in right?

phaze3131, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  2. skibladner

skibladner Peon

Best Answers:
    You need a better printer maybe?

skibladner, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  3. designerz

designerz Banned

Best Answers:
    but how do you print a running flash content....

designerz, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  4. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So by that you mean I did the correct steps by going to File->Print from within the SWF? I'm really confused what you are saying, sorry. Is there a way I can tell what dpi the actual .fla file is? If the .fla is say 300dpi, when exported to .swf does it stay at 300dpi within the file?

About printing running flash content, that is not what I am trying to accomplish. I am trying to print a slice of time of the flash movie. If there are different clips of the flash file I just want to print one of the clips per say, which is a static image when the mouse is not moving.

Thanks for any help here sorry that I am so confused.

phaze3131, Jul 19, 2007 IP