1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Stop Trackbacks

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by jonas, Sep 19, 2014.

I get like 50 trackbacks a day and they slow down my site. I want to turn trackbacks off and automatically delete them. Is there any way to do this?

I unchecked the box "Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks)", and it didn't help. Can anyone suggest another simple way?

jonas, Sep 19, 2014 IP
  2. rajgupta

rajgupta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unchecking that box works for future posts only, it won't help with existing posts.
    Here is a good article on how to do this for published posts - http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-disable-trackbacks-and-pings-on-existing-wordpress-posts/

BACKUP DATABASE BEFORE TRYING!

rajgupta, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  3. jonas

jonas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I tried doing what the article suggests. When I run the query I get the following error message:

Error

SQL query:

UPDATE wp_posts SET ping_status = 'closed' WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_type = 'post';

MySQL said: Documentation

#1046 - No database selected

I don't see any options to select a database on Hostgator??? Does anyone know what I did wrong?

jonas, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  4. rajgupta

rajgupta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.

Using phpMyAdmin you can select database from the left side column (see attached file)

You can also use this command to select the database
    USE database_name;
    Code (markup):
    before
    UPDATE wp_posts SET ping_status='closed' WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_type = 'post';
    UPDATE wp_posts SET ping_status='closed' WHERE post_status = 'publish' AND post_type = 'page';
    Code (markup):
    A sure shot way to know what database your site is using is to check the config file.

Hope that helps :)

Attached Files:

rajgupta, Sep 21, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. jonas

jonas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I will try that. If it doesn''t work I will call hostgator and see if they can do it for me, even if I have to pay for it.

jonas, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  6. samazgor

samazgor Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use No Self Pings it stops sending trackback from my own site.

samazgor, Oct 20, 2014 IP