1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to start as web developer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mody5, Apr 5, 2014.

Hi guys,
    I'm a web developer since 2008, i have a good skills in programming and i can create a lot of complicated things, but when i come to create an online business i can't find an idea to start making money ! i don't look for working as a freelancer... , what i want is creating something innovate or good enough to be automated, my question is what are websites i can create to start making a good money :) please share your idea and your recommendation, it's my first post here, i will appreciate your help.

mody5, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  2. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advice would be to learn popular software like WordPress and make modules, themes and plugins for them.

Original Hosting, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  3. iodalg

iodalg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't mention if you have some capital to invest, but if you don't...why don't you work as a freelancer? This will help you save some capital to invest on a personal blog etc...

When it comes to what business/method to start/follow...you mention you are a good programmer, do you have any skills in Wordpress?
    You could make a plugin or a theme, a lot of developers earn decent money doing this!
    Do you have any SEO skills? Starting an SEO outsourcing agency maybe?
    Take your skills or hobby and start writing on a blog...and later monetize the blog etc...that works to!

iodalg, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    If you are asking others for innovative ideas to make money, I think it does not make sense, as if they have any ideas, they can do it and keep the money in their own pockets. My advice, look into yourself and your strengths. Then look at the markets, look at the forums on what others are doing and decide what is your niche. From there on develop your own ideas and implement them with your skills.

wisdomtool, Apr 7, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  5. seowayne

seowayne Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely spot on Wisdomtool. Others can give you ideas what to do but you can spend lots of time achieving nothing. Best to do a bit of everything and then you will always have plenty of work especially with Google problems.

seowayne, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  6. mody5

mody5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your answers i really appreciate your helps, is a blog about teaching the code make sense ? I'm not sure but i think competition is high in this niche ? what do you think ?

mody5, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  7. robi09

robi09 Member

Best Answers:
    You can try to sale items on http://codecanyon.net/ website.

robi09, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  8. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Competition is steep if your considering an interactive website like Codecademy, in which I am a member of. If you are interested in selling web marketing solutions or running an ESTABLISHED travel search engine website in which you can monetize, I have a solution. Check out these internet business sites. You can own the design and operate the site for extra income.

http://www.buyeasytraffic.com/
    http://www.socialtraffi.com/
    http://www.fansupp.com/
    http://www.gimmefans.com/
    http://www.999traffic.com/
    http://thevacationmakers.com/

If you love the designs, you can place orders at
    http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41000534706946

xjoshuax, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  9. winnerdomains

winnerdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is easy, learn a programming language.

winnerdomains, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  10. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed

11. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're asking the wrong question: this has nothing to do with being a web designer. You're asking how to make passive income, which is an entirely different question (and one which is prone to generate a lot of spam). Try asking that question instead - you'll get a million referrals for lots and lots of get-rich-quick schemes. :)

TIEro, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  12. mody5

mody5 Peon

Best Answers:
    the first thing i'm a web developer , i do also design but i love coding :) 2nd passive income doesn't exist 100%, but i think you can make something which is 70%-80% like you say "passive income", 3d i'm not looking to a get-rich-qhick shemes, don't worry i won't buy any product i know there are a lot of scam in the internet too :D thank you for your comment ^^

mody5, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  13. mody5

mody5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi britini,
    thank you for your answer, what do you mean by own the design and operate the site for extra income ? do you mean i create something like these websites and make my own service ? or create my website with my own design then reselling their services ?

mody5, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  14. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Let me explain. Here is what you could do?

First establish the name of your website.Then register that name with a domain registrar such as GoDaddy. Next, setup hosting for your website. Install the purchased website design you selected from http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41000534706946, and use a outsource company to fulfill orders. You will need to develop a logo for your site and upload it to your website. If you plan to sell services I would advise you to obtain a business license and professional liability insurance to cover any negligence with may or may not occur. I can provide web hosting at a discount price if you need it.
    Please understand that the design you purchase may only be used on 1 website. This is for protection of the copyright owners.
    Regards, Britini

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  15. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I wasn't sure if I fully understood the original question of this post. However, one thought off the top of my head is create some sample site pages you created and tested yourself. Having live, fully-functional previews posted online can help clients see your skills.

Alyssa Lochmore, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  16. mody5

mody5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, thank you Alyssa, the original post means simply that I'm a web developer with good skills but don't know how to exploit these skills to making money, i don't like to work as a freelancer, but i want create my own business. i wish my idea is more clear now. thank you for your advice.

mody5, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  17. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those two are almost mutually exclusive, since running your own business is freelancing. It sounds like you want to be your own boss, but you don't want to do the work - a very familiar situation, if I may say so, since I'm kinda like that, too!

If you want to stay in the dev universe, a possible solution is to take a step back from the actual hands-on and do the organising: as a dev, that would mean you do the marketing and checking projects, but farm the work out to other people. It's still work, but you might see it differently.

I do this as an editor for writers - it means I don't have to do the soul-destroying part of generating endless content I'm not interested in to pay the bills, but allows me to stay immersed in working with words, which I love.

TIEro, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  18. carl lim

carl lim Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest getting an insurance to protect yourself if ever you get sue, if your doing it professionally I recommend using EasyCover,it covers professional indemnity and commercial general liability,its affordable than the other one that I have googled and has a great services and reliable advice, if you're interested I'll drop the site: Professional Liability Insurance | EasyCover Canada - https://www.easycover.ca/

carl lim, May 14, 2017 IP