1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to start an Ecommerce online store IN 2014?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Times Lau, Mar 2, 2014.

Hi, recently I'm planning to run an online store using Woocommerce on wordpress ??
    where can I find a good and total video guide to learn to set it up ?
    it's the first time,I'm really confused with the settings , I bought a theme from 8theme ...

Times Lau, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  2. HassanKhalid

HassanKhalid Active Member

Best Answers:
  3. Times Lau

Times Lau Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've checked that site before.....I just need some real video acting

thanks all the same

Times Lau, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  5. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you are facing issues with Woocommerce setup or Theme setup. You can view this view for woocommerce . I hope this will help you.

AlphaNine_Vini, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  6. born_star16

born_star16 Member

Best Answers:
    When starting your online store, there are several platforms to choose from. Each has its own pros and cons. If you have ever done any shopping online, you will know about how much potential an online store has with regard to making money.

born_star16, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  7. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its difficult to learn & build an e-commerce site especially if you don't have knowledge in technology like PHP/MySQL/HTML/CSS .

So I would suggest you to hire a professional to help you with it , so you can develop the site much quickly without investing time on learning & playing with it.

Anyway if you are not in a hurry & can spend a lot of time learning , then you can learn & do it yourself.

Try installing wordpress with light-weight theme like 2011 & then install WOOCOMMERCE or WP-SHOP plugins & customize to meet your requirements.

All the best :)

phptechie, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  8. Outlawz

Outlawz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Brother. If you want to setup the woocommerce then i can help
    I have paid themes of woocommerce.
    But i suggest you to use bazar theme. You can see the demo on google search just type "Bazar theme"
    It works with the woocommerce and having a lot of feature.
    Like Blog, Testimonial, Team, Portfolio, Home Page, Slider (You can add different slider on any page)

Let me confirm you that all the things have different layout not one.. almost upto 5 layout of every thing like blog, team, portfolio, Services Etc.
    Hire me and on reasonable price i will setup all upon your demand. If you like bazar or mayashop. I will give you free.

Outlawz, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  9. AP sharma

AP sharma Banned

Best Answers:
    Before starting an online business, make sure to follow these step such as:

1. Firstly Make sure what your online business is about and what it will sell.

2. Find affordable web host

3. Get website with logo and design work

4. Find Big sale Partner

5. Promote your business in online community

You can build your online with the help of online tools to grow your business fast and easy.But if you wan to make your online store more attractive and user friendly then i would suggest you to go customize solutions.

If you need any help,let me know

Good Luck

AP sharma, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  10. Marissa Dsilva

Marissa Dsilva Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Refer lynda woocommerce tutorial.

Marissa Dsilva, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  11. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    WooCommerce does not support 3.8.1. So are many plugins used in it. If you intend to use it, you will have use WordPress 3.5.

meetdilip, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  12. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    I'd like to echo some of the above comments.

And if you think about what meetdilip just said above me, it builds a stronger case for you going with a developer on this.

You're going to want to get things working exactly the way you want them so that you can run your eCommerce store the right way...so I wouldn't leave things to chance if you don't have much experience and are essentially trying to set up your new online store in the blind. I'd work with someone who knows what they're doing and can help you get up and running quickly. It might seem counter-intuitive, but in the long run, you'll be likely to save yourself a bit of time AND money by hiring a pro to help you realize your vision.

Solid Commerce, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  13. Aff_Fan

Aff_Fan Member

Best Answers:
    Also you can add amazon store for associates to your wordpress:

Aff_Fan, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  14. Linnworks

Linnworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Times Lau,

Though WooCommerce is a nice looking system, personally I believe if you want to take ecommerce seriously then you need to use the right tool for the job.

Perhaps look at something Like Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce or another true ecommerce platform?

Are you going to be selling Multi-channel (i.e. on eBay, Amazon and other sites too)

You should think about a mulitchannel software to collate all your orders together and manage your stock to help you not oversell?

I hope this is of some help :cool:

Charlie McBroom
    Linnworks - Multichannel Order Management Software

Linnworks, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  15. dedesigns

dedesigns Member

Best Answers:
    I can develop custom store for you in php. let me know if interested.

dedesigns, May 21, 2014 IP
  16. stee iks

stee iks Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.shopify.com/?ref=social-marketer
    Try the link above. I have used this and so has a few of my friends. easy and straight forward.

stee iks, May 22, 2014 IP
  17. digitalfun

digitalfun Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many videos about Woocommerce on Youtube,you can search video lessons there .Good luck !

digitalfun, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  18. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So lets recap.
    A user has a simple issue with questions about setting up WooCommerce. He has got 2-3 useful links and videos and from there on we have 10+ posts about recommending other shopping carts, and people trying to get hired as a developer. Sadly, I really feel that sometimes this forum is going backwards with so many spammy and unhelpful users roaming free everywhere. Apart from @Nigel Lew and @phptechie all other posts in this thread deserve to be deleted and users facing warnings/bans.

I would normally ask the user about their host and to check with them if they have an easy installer like Softaculous but seeing that he is Banned too now, I guess it wouldn't matter so much anyways :)

Rado_ch, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  19. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, it's so simple. Just purchase Domain name with Server space. Then choose best online free eCommerce CMS, upload it on server, and install. Then you have to configure by admin site and your eCommerce site is ready.

yagnik, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  20. Eliah.S1970

Eliah.S1970 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have personally been using Linnworks for the last couple of years and have a great experience so far. Everyone is very helpful and the way Linnworks is setup is highly customizable. The biggest advantage for me has been the bulk listing tool and the supplier integration feed that I have setup to get up to date stock levels for my inventory. I only spend maybe 2 hours a day managing 100 orders(daily basis) where as before I would be spending an upward of 8-9 hours a day. Definitely recommend using it to anyone, it will simplify your day to day tasks.

Eliah.S1970, Jul 24, 2015 IP