1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to start an Ecommerce business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Rocket John, Mar 12, 2014.

Hi I'm Planning to start an Ecommerce business, but i have no idea where to start :-( , where can i find product to sell, do i need to contact companies like sony to sell their products on my ecommerce site, I'm completely no idea , hope you help me with this, thanks in advance!

Rocket John, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  2. Rakesh doddera

Rakesh doddera Member

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend and advise you to go with
    1.WorldWideBrands
    2.Salehoo
    3.topwholesaledirectory

Rakesh doddera, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  3. rolres

rolres Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to find dropshippers (the ones Rakesh doddera suggested are popular ones). When it comes to the website end of things, I've found wordpress has amazing ecommerce plugins that essentially automate the whole process. Both the dropshippers and the ecommerce plugins do involve a bit of an investment though.

rolres, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  4. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is actually a great idea. It helps you get your hands on items people actually want. They're going to have to get to know you as a vendor, though. The trust building will take some time.

BoostSoftware, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  5. nicbos

nicbos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello OP, whatever will be your choice, my suggestion is: try to select a product(s) THAT IS DEMAND FOR.

There is nothing worse than setting up a website just to discover that it is selling something without huge demand.

So, if I were you, i would start by doing an in-depth research about the most selling products, THEN (and only then) try to look for vendors/providers/dropshippers.

Hope this helps :)

nicbos, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  6. Gustirand

Gustirand Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    make aset for the future finince

Gustirand, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  7. kikibear

kikibear Peon

Best Answers:
    Many successful companies do not sell products people need to buy, but they sell product people want to buy. Sometimes people do not know what exactly they want, but when you give them a product, they will say, yes! It is exactly the product I want!

kikibear, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  8. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    For starting an eCommerce business first you need to plan what type of business you can start or have previous experience about the process. Then make the process categorized so that it can be organized and properly managed.

varindia, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  9. Oskar28

Oskar28 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, build a HIGH QUALITY blog first, rank it and make it popular. Then you can now modify or add a store in it.

Oskar28, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  10. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Its good idea. But first make a beautiful website than start marketing for your website and integrate live chat software on your website.

Henry Calvin, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  11. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Start by putting up a number of popular products on the website and sell them using PPC traffic to get experience in ecommerce business and also a reliable dropshipping company also required.

jazzyjmnote, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  12. Hamza Huzaifa

Hamza Huzaifa Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need permission to sell their products. The permission to sell their products is given to wholesallers. You need to contact wholesalers and ask them the price and then you can sell it on your website for the market rate or you can ask a little bit more than the market rate because you would be delivering it too.
    Then to have a e-commerce site, you need to have your website registered, otherwise someone else can steel your idea as well. At least you would have the copyrights that no one would steel your website's name.
    Then after that you need to do SEO of your website which you can either do it yourself if you have time, or you can ask a company to do it for you so that it would be more effective.

Hamza Huzaifa, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  13. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have question about how to start E-Commerce business, you can follow below mention steps.
    1) Decide what you want to do and also your niche, because knowing what you are going to sell, how and to whom is very critical for any business.
    2) Prepare a Business Plan, without this you'll lack focus.
    3) Fund your business at low cost as much as possible
    4) A major factor of success will be the creation of Website, so have it.
    5) More traffic and increasing SEO will be important too
    6) Always follow rules and regulation.

janinaherz, May 27, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  14. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry if I'm being too direct, but you have a long way to go to even start. The only thing you have so far is that you want to make money selling stuff. Good, join the club of millions of people sharing that same idea. But you now have to find your place among them. For that you have long and thorough analysis ahead of you - what your market is going to be - global or local? What are your market demographics? How many and how strong your direct competitors are? How would you be different from them? What are your unique points that will benefit your clients more? Simply finding a dropshipper and start making money from their product just won cut it. The same as going for trendy products might not be a great idea as you will be entering a pool of a lot of competition. And those are things that you MUST deal with even before making a structured business plan...

Only after that you should start worrying about the website. Finding a good ecommerce solution is rather easy, you have a lot to choose from (WooCommerce plugin for WordPress, PrestaShop, OpenCart etc.). From there on you have to worry about content, SEO optimization, brand establishment and popularization and so on... sorry if I'm being a tad too discouraging but I am also speaking from experience. People starting with no idea about their products and market rarely succeed. I am sure you have your hobbies and passions - maybe its a good idea to start from there as you have a better understanding of them and you will find it more enjoyable to market them ;)

Rado_ch, May 28, 2014 IP
  15. twothirdsreturn

twothirdsreturn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok welcome to the headache of every single DP member. At least you have woken up right?

So heres the deal, your quick start guide ok?

1) start a blog, start writing about something. https://www.blogger.com/start
    2) learn about wordpress.org, ftp, servers, etc. http://codex.wordpress.org/Getting_Started_with_WordPress
    3) set up free hosting and get a free domain name, google it.
    4) upload your wordpress.org zip file to your server

get to step 4. =)

welcome to the most amazing game that everyone plays and few win.

-twothirdsreturn

twothirdsreturn, Jun 3, 2014 IP