1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to start an ecommerce business

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by webbocat, Dec 15, 2011.

I want to start an ecommerce business but dont know how to do it. I am not a business person so how am i going to do it also i dont have any products to sell,

webbocat, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  2. webbocat

webbocat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also i want to sell all kinds of brands online can anyone tell me how do i go about it?

3. dannywright

dannywright Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello webbocat,

So you wanted to start online business, i mean online store where you can sell all kind of products. First of all you should have shopping cart website, where you can launch your store. I would suggest you to start with a single category, do not go for all the brand or categories and products. As you are beginner so it wont be easy for you to handle.

Thank you
    Danny

dannywright, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  4. webbocat

webbocat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks danny for your reply. But where does all those products that we see on e-commerce websites come from. I mean i can start with one category but how can i add products and which product should i add in that category when i don't have any thing to sell.

My question is whom should i contact to place a product on my ecommerce website.

5. dannywright

dannywright Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can sell either your own product if you have any or you can get products from other merchants, online merchants that's how it works. And there are two ways to get products from merchants either you can contact them through CSV () mostly big online merchants have it or second way is to contact these merchants directly and make agreement or contract that if any order is placed through us what commission you will be getting and all other necessary legal point.

dannywright, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  6. Raj Kumar

Raj Kumar Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In order to start business you need online store first. We can create a online store for you. PM us if you need more details.

Raj Kumar, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  7. gotlivechat

gotlivechat Member

Best Answers:
    What is going to be your USP (unique selling proposition)? Research your competition and see how you're going to differ from them. You need to give customers a reason to buy from you vs. the hundreds of other choices they'll have.

gotlivechat, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  8. ECNS

ECNS Member

Best Answers:
    First off have you tried google, there are hundreds of resources and blogs on starting a business. Second, without a product (not neccessarily a physicall product!) then you have no business. So my advise is to think what kind of "product" you intend to sell then work out the best way to sell it (as gotlivechat said "whats you USP?). Finally, always treat a business online as you would offline.

ECNS, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  9. Neil Robins

Neil Robins Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you require digital products you have to look for products with private label rights(PLR) or master resell rights licences(MRR) but ensure you know what's in a licence before your purchase such product as there are numerous variation of licences.

The site http://www.fastplr.com has free information on how best to use private label rights products.

Neil

Neil Robins, Dec 15, 2011 IP
  10. ecommerce-hosting-guru

ecommerce-hosting-guru Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need to decide what you are going to sell. Make sure its something that you know alot about and can be the expert on this will make it easier to write unique content about the subject and for you to really know which products are the best in your area. Also you will need to do keyword research first to make sure that there is a niche available for what you are selling, ie what is the current competition and how much demand is there.

Once you know what you are selling and how you are selling it and as they indicated above your unique selling point then you can start looking for who to source the products from and then what ecommerce software and hosting to use for your selling.

ecommerce-hosting-guru, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  11. webbocat

webbocat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for helping me out all of you. I will keep you updated with all my further developments on starting a store.

webbocat, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  12. doketor

doketor Peon

Best Answers:
    thats a good option

doketor, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  13. sofiaisabella01

sofiaisabella01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    E-commerce is good make a good web site and make a list what u want to sell. Do good seo for traffic generate.

sofiaisabella01, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  14. aamir2good

aamir2good Peon

Best Answers:
    first you develop your web site

aamir2good, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  15. theofferz

theofferz Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to create an online store that's good UI, easy to use and user friendly and trustworthy to users first, you need to have good products, PM me for more details if you want create an online store.

Also, see my sig for our recent work. Thanks!

theofferz, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  16. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    At first, you should define your interests, 'cause if you'll be doing things which you don't like, you'll hardly make much profit. Then, of course you need your personal website or blog.
    However, I think the easiest way to start your online business is to become Amazon Affiliate and promote Amazon products on your website or the other, to my mind, the even easier than this one is to start sharing links and make money with file-sharing affiliate programs (there are some fresh websites as FileTram or Oron). As far as I know FileTram offers rather high payoffs!

Ella_Z., Jan 3, 2012 IP
  17. Yamacrawler

Yamacrawler Peon

Best Answers:
    Find a niche and make sure you have the money to market your site online. Learn about google adwords

Yamacrawler, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  18. B r u z z y

B r u z z y Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Idea + hard work. And the same 10 times more ))

B r u z z y, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  19. zekin

zekin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think, you should forget about starting ecommerce when you "dont have any products to sell".

Open a online store is easy (in fact, super easy), with just a few clicks from your hosting's cpanel, you get a fully function one. BUT, the most important thing is, you need to have something to sell.

so forget about all of it, if you have nothing to sell.

No one but yourself. You can add it yourself at the admin panel of the ecommerce site.

zekin, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  20. janeah

janeah Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agreeable. For a beginner, it is advisable to focus on on category only. When you get use to the process then try on adding another one. You can get products from Amazon, eBay or other websites too.

janeah, Jan 3, 2012 IP