1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to solve it?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Jessica_web, Jun 30, 2020.

I'm facing website direct traffic-related issue on my website, how to solve it?

I'm having a huge number of direct traffic on my website. But, I'm not able to know that from where traffic is approaching, like which source or website.
    I want to know the source of traffic generating on my website?

Can anyone help on how to track this traffic? Can you recommend any Tool or some other way to know the source of traffic?

Due to direct traffic, the stats of my website are here: https://www.screencast.com/t/p3wxkLdJAL

Jessica_web, Jun 30, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics will report any traffic as "direct" if there's no data on how the session arrived at your site: https://moz.com/blog/guide-to-direct-traffic-google-analytics

More likely than not it's bot traffic.

If you're on cPanel type "visitors" in the search, then click on the visitors icon. Choose your site, then look under "User Agent".

A regular visitor should look something like: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/79.0.3945.73 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

A bot will look something like: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http:/ /w ww.bing.com/bingbot.htm)

qwikad.com, Jul 1, 2020 IP
    JEET, sarahk and Jim4767 like this.
  3. zoink59

zoink59 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In line with what qwikad says, if your web host allows you access to the server logs you may be able to identify where the traffic is coming from. Our host has "Webalyzer" installed and we get a full list of user agents. It's also a good tool to identify and block bad bots (using .htaccess) that contribute to false traffic numbers.

zoink59, Jul 1, 2020 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of sudden direct traffic is 99% bots, unless your website got a mention on some news channel or something of that sort which spiked interest of people.
    I am guessing the latter did not happened, or did it?
    Use cpanel or open your raw access logs file and check IP range from where traffic is coming.
    If its a single IP, or or handful of IPS in a small range, then definitely bot.
    Like @qwikad.com mentioned use the useragent string to identify the bot, good bots will give a useragent to identify themselves.
    If its something desirable, keep it, or else block the IP.

JEET, Jul 1, 2020 IP
  5. SNTJJ

SNTJJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Modern browsers will hide the referrer when the website is using HTTPS (SSL). Since most websites today use HTTPS, it will cause referrals to be sent without a referrer header.

A SEO trick to enable your website's referrer to be visible in Google Analytics is to include the following a meta tag:

<meta name=referrer content=unsafe-url>

Warning:
    Google does not advise to use the value unsafe-url. Instead, it advises to set an advanced setting that matches your website. The following document provides exact information:

https://web.dev/referrer-best-practices/

The referrer value can be insightful. For example, an analytics service might use the value to determine that 50% of the visitors came from example-domain.com instead of reporting "unknown referrer".

But when the full URL including the path and query string is sent in the Referer across origins, this can be privacy-hindering and pose security risks as well. Take a look at these URLs:

[​IMG]

Enabling the referrer header can provide a marketing advantage since referrals of most other websites will show as (direct) or unknown.

SNTJJ, Aug 21, 2020 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google analytics its the way to go .Instal it on your website to check acurate stats

Spartan14, Aug 22, 2020 IP
  7. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    direct traffic means direct... it means they entered your site directly by entering the url.

praetserge, Oct 2, 2020 IP