1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to setup SMTP server which mails wont be spammed by Gmail?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by postcd, Mar 12, 2016.

Hello, i was looking (on Google) for tutorials on how to setup quick, simple SMTP server on the Linux so i can use it to send email of my website that is hosted on different server.
    Essential is for me on how to make sure receiving servers like Gmail do not mark my emails as SPAM, so it has my domain in the header. Is there any tutorial for this? i cant come up with correct google search phrasse to find any guide for this.

postcd, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We use Mandrill to send our emails and they're now insisting on domains having DKIM and SPF records associated with them. Check into that.

sarahk, Mar 17, 2016 IP
  3. Belira-John

Belira-John Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, domain names with DKIM and SPF records associated with them are preferred now, and are very easy to configure within cPanel (if that is your control panel of choice).

Belira-John, Mar 20, 2016 IP
  4. imort

imort Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to be sure that:

a) PTR record for your domain and mail server points to the IP address of your server
    b) it's a good idea to configure at least SPF record in DNS, DKIM is preferred too
    c) take a look for your IP address at spam IP databases, it may be a problem you have

imort, May 12, 2016 IP
  5. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    O-D-T, May 16, 2016 IP
    postcd likes this.