1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to set up load balancing/failover for a Joomla site?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Maestroc, Mar 24, 2019.

Hello,
    I currently manage a Joomla website for a client who owns her own server. She is very averse to any downtime whatsoever and wants to set up a failover setup by using a separate hosting account on a different server somewhere else in the country. The primary site is roughly 1gig in size and has users logging in to accomplish tasks throughout the day.

I am not comfortable taking this task on on my own and need some suggestions of who to talk to to set such a thing up. If it was static HTML it wouldn't be a problem but it's Joomla with a fairly large SQL database to sync as well. Any ideas?

Maestroc, Mar 24, 2019 IP
  2. thenetedge

thenetedge Member

Best Answers:
    These things need to be cleared before you suggest anything.

1) How much should would like to spend on her infrastructure.
    2) You need load balancing for web server only or for database server too? It can be decided based on how busy the website is. Ideally there should be LB on web server.

Can you share website you need to work on?
    You can also share your skype or email ID if you would like to talk. I can help you with it.

thenetedge, Mar 29, 2019 IP
  3. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply. I responded to your questions via direct message.

Maestroc, Mar 29, 2019 IP