1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to set up domain name using bigrock

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Gowthamtech, May 27, 2011.

Recently i bought my custom domain name using bigrock .

I have a wordpress blog at x10hosting..

I don't know how to setup a domain name to point to my blog using bigrock Dns records.

Please help...

Gowthamtech, May 27, 2011 IP
  2. vita-admin

vita-admin Member

Best Answers:
    whenever u purchase domain name from any company..........they l send u a mail with domain name server..........they will be looking something like this something.nameserver1.com and something.nameserver2.com ..........now u have to go to your hosting account.........i.e.......... x10hosting.............and u have to find a option to edit the nameserver to point them to your this new name server which u got from big rock..............paste this new addresses there and you are done........every hosting service provides this option...............give 24 hours for exact action to be completed after u complete above process...................and then tada!!! u are done...............i m not a xperianced guy..........but i know this procedure.............i m waiting for some bucks to roll so that i can also buy new domain...............

vita-admin, May 27, 2011 IP
  3. aniani

aniani Peon

Best Answers:
    Gowtham,

Your web hosting company would have given you 2 or more nameservers, when you purchased the hosting from them. Open the mail where you have the nameserver details.

1) Login to your Domain Control Panel from www.bigrock.in which is http://manage.bigrock.in/customer

2) Search for the domain name and proceed to the Order Information view

3) Click the Name Servers link

4) Enter the Name Servers and click Submit

PS: Upon modifying your domain name's Name Servers, your website would begin appearing in a web browser, after about 0 to 24 hours (provided your Web Hosting package is properly setup and you have uploaded the content of your website). This is a standard time-frame required for a process called as DNS Propagation to complete Worldwide. This process is not controlled by any one ISP/company and therefore it can not be hastened.

Hope that helps you

Ani

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    aniani, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  4. tazseo

tazseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info

tazseo, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  5. Gowthamtech

Gowthamtech Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your help..

Gowthamtech, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  6. seninfosys

seninfosys Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a free Domain and free web hosting in www.seninfosys.net

seninfosys, Mar 31, 2012 IP
  7. stamp

stamp Peon

Best Answers:
    You could have got a free .com domain with www.cybasic.com. They only charge for the hosting like Rs.49/month. Its cheaper than bigrock.

stamp, Jul 7, 2012 IP