1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to set up a little comparison page?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Laszlo, Aug 14, 2004.

Hi there.

I am currently constructing my informational website in Europe about a specific product. I would like to include a little price comparison page on my site, which would allow users to compare prices about this merchandise. I know a few related websites that sells this product and I will sign up for their affiliate programs. I am able to collect the information regarded to price and the type of the products and put it in a database. However, I don’t know how I would be able keep up with updates, product availability and pricing changes and in-stock status on the websites that I am affiliated with.
    SEMrush
    I would really appreciate any information if anyone knows a software program that spiders or checks the websites for updates, or about any other easy way to do this.

Thank You and wish all of you the best .Laszlo. :)

Laszlo, Aug 14, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    you really don't need to post the same thing multiple times in different forums..

disgust, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We should really remove posts from several boards. There are enough of us that monitor other boards.

NewComputer, Aug 14, 2004 IP
  4. Laszlo

Laszlo Peon

Best Answers:
    We should really remove posts from several boards. There are enough of us that monitor other boards"

What do you mean by this?

Laszlo, Aug 15, 2004 IP
  5. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    What I mean is, is that if disgust read your post on another forum, do we really need to be reading it here?

NewComputer, Aug 15, 2004 IP
  6. Laszlo

Laszlo Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a forum .And by my knowlege,people who has a question or problem can post it here.
    What is disgusting about it.This is the first time that I even went to a forum in my entire life.I dont even know what did I wrong that is offended you.I thought here are people who is trying to help to each other.

Laszlo, Aug 15, 2004 IP
  7. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Ok, things seem to have gotten a little carried away. First off, disgust is the poster who originally replied to your post. Secondly, she replied that you don't need to post the same thing in multiple forums. Now whether this meant in a different forum on this board, or on different forums all together I am not sure.

I think you may just be a little sensitive as this is your first time 'at a forum'. You have to understand that in forums, when people type things, there is no voice flux and sometimes (as in your case here) things get taken out of context. If I offended you, I apologize.

You can always PM me, we do not need to fill this board up with confusion... :) (this smile indicates I am being friendly :))

NewComputer, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  8. Laszlo

Laszlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks.The reason why I posted the same question,on the same forum in two different topics becouse I was not sure if this question belongs to programing, or releted to affiliate programs.I think both.I thought that people who is interested in a particular topic won't brows the others and I just wanted to extend my question a bit.I promise, next time I wont post the same question under two forums.
    An dr newComputer if you read my first post, the last sentence was this:

Thank You and wish all of you the best .Laszlo.

This means: inculuded you too. ;)

Laszlo, Aug 17, 2004 IP