1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to set up a cron job for sitemap?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Obie18, Jan 10, 2012.

I want to set up a cron job so that my sitemap will update automatically. I know how to set the command up for when to update the file, but aren’t sure about the actual command itself. I did a Google search for info, but the various cron job commands I found differed depending on the individual software used. The sitemap I'm using is an xml file.

Many thanks!

Obie18, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would help if you could write what sitemaps tool you are using to create XML sitemaps... (And which you want to automate using Cron)

Have you tried email the author of the sitemapper tool you are using for help?

websitetools, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  3. Obie18

Obie18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used Wonderwebware's sitemap generator version 9.71 to create the sitemap.

I made a post on their blog a couple of days ago, asking what the command should be, but have yet to receive a response. That's why I'm asking here. None of their documentation provides the answer.

Obie18, Jan 12, 2012 IP
  4. Obie18

Obie18 Peon

Best Answers:
    The sitemap's designer has told me that the software doesn't have cron job functionality yet, but he will consider adding it for a future release. I'm going to stick with Wonderwebware though, because it's the best free sitemap generator I've tried, and I've tried about ten of them. It has no page limits, which is an annoying disability in most free sitemap software, and it crawls super fast.

Obie18, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  5. tuyenbk43

tuyenbk43 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not know about your problem,I am sure that using google search will not help you much

tuyenbk43, May 3, 2012 IP
  6. biggerlol

biggerlol Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use php & mysql to create xml sitemaps. Then submit your sitemap such as : http://www.biggerlol.com/sitemap.php in Google Webmaster Tools
    My code :

biggerlol, Jul 23, 2012 IP