1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to set Subdomain to other server, domain in godaddy, server in outside

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by basketmen, Mar 6, 2008.

Hi guys i had searching in this forum and in google How to set Subdomain to other server, i had try some of methode but still not working because i cant set A Name in godaddy, because i use other webhost outside godaddy

i just have ip address from my other server, i want subdomain to go this ip address, for example 10.42.1.21

what is your experience in godaddy, how to set Subdomain to other server, please give simple step by step dude

thank you

basketmen, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  2. Onera

Onera Peon

Best Answers:
    For example
    Your domain: mydomain.com
    Your IP: 1.1.1.1
    Your subdomain: abracadabra (abracadabra.mydomain.com)

In Godaddy, you create an A (host) Record by entering two pieces of information
    Host and Points to IP address

Example:
    Host: @ and Points to IP address: 1.1.1.1 (point mydomain.com to 1.1.1.1)
    Host: * and Points to IP address: 1.1.1.1 (point anything.mydomain.com to 1.1.1.1)
    Host: abracadabra and Points to IP address: 1.1.1.1 (point abaracadabra.mydomain.com to 1.1.1.1)

And of course you need to set up websites for your subdomains in your server.

Hope this is helpful

Onera, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  3. gate2vn

gate2vn Peon

Best Answers:
    just remember to create new account in new server, with domain as subdomain.yourdomain.com.

gate2vn, Mar 7, 2008 IP