1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to send an email to +- 1 Million email addresses ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Freek, Jun 20, 2008.

1. blackonyx

blackonyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhm, your ISP would block you for bulk mailing, but doing it anyway is not spam, because you had to pay a lot of money for those addresses? Also a million people did an opt in to a list, knowing their address would be sold to anyone, who can afford it? I simply can't shake of the feeling, that one million and one people were suckered here.
    SEMrush

blackonyx, Jul 23, 2008 IP
    SEMrush
  2. o_rly

o_rly Guest

Best Answers:
    Make sure that whatever host you sign up with does not have their smtp blacklisted at places like spamhaus, etc. Otherwise, you'll probably only get a small percentage of the mails to the actual recipients.

o_rly, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  3. arcel

arcel Banned

Best Answers:
    i know there are plenty of tools are in sending massive emails. but where do you get the emails.

arcel, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    by forums , communities , and opt in groups ;)

chandan123, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  5. beinghappy4ever

beinghappy4ever Banned

Best Answers:
    I do agree with this :)

beinghappy4ever, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  6. lbpww

lbpww Peon

Best Answers:
    Try these guys, you can send out 2000 emails at a time or can purchase a package that fits your needs, with the option to send out even millions per blast. more info at: http://eepurl.com/fORYX

lbpww, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  7. adlermoriss

adlermoriss Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi buddy!

Actually i am new here and i have no idea about sending bulk email... if will be getting the solution please update me..

thanks!

adlermoriss, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  8. coolbuha

coolbuha Member

Best Answers:
    wont you get any software for this by google it?

coolbuha, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  9. Celtivo

Celtivo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try SendGrid.com

It costs, but as long as you buy the correct amount of monthly emails, then you will be fine.

Celtivo, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  10. kuddus

kuddus Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone share their good experience with this kind of email marketing to a list of email you purchase. Is it effective. Is the investment really worth it ?

kuddus, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  11. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would definitely be a bad idea to use youe ISP to send those mails, and chances are a million people didn't subscribe to your emails, so no auto responder will send them

golfpro1, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  12. alex900

alex900 Member

Best Answers:
    Try abobjects.com software.

alex900, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  13. finejewellerys

finejewellerys Member

Best Answers:
    I think no serve will accept the big 1 million email lists to send at a time, i think you should divide the lists to several part and send them every several hours,not at a time, thus, it will be better,.and you will be not afraid to be banned by any server

finejewellerys, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  14. Mr victor

Mr victor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy sendblaster premium version. Or try out Qmail although i havent used it but sendblaster is good to start with

Mr victor, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  15. Ferrari310

Ferrari310 Active Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    For a list that large, you need interspire email marketer. Its pretty famous for bulk emailing...

Ferrari310, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  16. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Emai marketing certainly DOES NOT suck! It's how I consistently make $5,000-$10,000 per month! But buying lists and then emailing these people blindly is not the right way to do emaiil marketing. It's actually spam, and if you don't do it right, you could be in for more trouble than you bargained for. It took me over 2 years to build my liost of almost 22,000 subscribers.

Proper email marketing requires setting up a lead capture page where you offer a free report or video in exchange for an email address. The subscriber must "opt-in". In other words, they agree to give you their information and let you email them in exchane for whatever it is you are offering.

When they fill out the form with their information, this is the "first" opt-in. Then, they are sent a confirmation email where they must click a link inside to get the freebie. This is the "second" opt-in. This procedure is called "double opt-in", and it is the only way to guard against spam complaints. The subscriber cannot accuse you of spam because they gave you permission to email them.

In each email you send them, there will be instructions on how they can unsubscibe if they do not want to receive your emails anymore.

None of these safeguards are in place when people buy a list and email folks against their will. Reputable autoresponder companies like Aweber and Get Response will have nothing to do with bought lists, as well they shouldn't.

In addiiton, you will find that at least 50% of the emails on that list are either dormant, made up, or closed accounts, and the other 50% won't be too happy to get your email and will probably report it as spam.

If you want my advice, chalk it up to a loss and do it right.

cjmo75, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  17. indianachu

indianachu Member

Best Answers:
    I am using aweber and I think its one of the best in the markets...

indianachu, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  18. Baklinkblaster

Baklinkblaster Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your question is legit, andthere is merit to getting tons of traffic.
    But you should also ask yourself about how you could get the most targeted kind of visitors.
    For sometime you need not a ton of traffic when you have the right kind of responsive traffic to your offer.

Just a thought.

Baklinkblaster, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  19. marketingexpert

marketingexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    Just do not use GetResponse, they suck. I just purchased with them and my open rate is lower than 10% ... when I changed my platform to iContact I got my Open Rate to 70%

marketingexpert, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  20. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    The most well know providers are MailChimp and Campaign Monitor. Both should be able to handle that sort of volume and are quite reasonably priced.

Guisbar, Dec 5, 2011 IP