1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Sell E-books?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mcgauley10, Jan 3, 2008.

what is the step by step procedure to successfully sell e-books? I have written a 200 page book on hockey scholarships, but i alas do not know how to sell

mcgauley10, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  2. onlinestudio

onlinestudio Peon

Best Answers:
    never done it.... But I would imagine scan it into a pdf and make a website to promote it. Sell the pdf file?

onlinestudio, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  3. eragonies

eragonies Peon

Best Answers:
    seems you already have a product, i recommend you to do this first.

at the first glance, it would be hard to sell directly to the person at the first time. Thus, you might have to built a list first. The list would contains your potential customers. Grab the potential customer (name & emails) using squeeze page ( in legal way of course)

Then, built your relationship with your list and tell them the benefits of your product also at the same time promote your product. Mostly,people want to know the details about the product first before they purchased anything.

hope this might help you :)

eragonies, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  4. onlinestudio

onlinestudio Peon

Best Answers:
    do you have success with ebooks eragonie? Is squeeze page that single pag ehtml that scrolls way down and then has the email me for details deal?

onlinestudio, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  5. godofwriting

godofwriting Banned

Best Answers:
    This is what I'd recommend you do:

1) Turn your book into a PDF.
    2) Make sure your ebook's cover and layout look really professional.
    3) Get a really, really good copywriter to write up the one-page sales letter.
    4) Have an enticing affiliate page.
    5) Put your product up on clickbank.
    6) Get a good press release.
    7) If you can afford it, do some PPC and get some attention to your product. This is only a temporary solution though.
    8) Sell it on forums or online groups for some time. This way, not only will you make some quick cash, you can also get some reputable testimonials to put up on your sales page.
    9) Concentrate on building your affiliate base.
    10) Do some SEO/link building with articles or blog posts.

If you do all of this then I think you have a very good chance of tapping the niche big-time, which is, in your case, hockey scholarships. Also, unless you're really confident about the quality of the product, have it proofread by a professional writer. Trust me, this has saved authors (both print and online) a LOT of sales. You can PM me if you need any more help getting started.

Cheers

godofwriting, Jan 4, 2008 IP
    onlinestudio likes this.
  6. sandarr

sandarr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To sell an ebook there are several ways that will work, there are websites that are set up to sell them and list them on search engines. There are also website owners that sell ebooks privately and do the advertising. To be more detailed would take to much room here. If I can help pm me, I have a series of ebooks.

sandarr, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  7. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go to the Warrior Furom (google it) and take a peak, you'll have no problems getting tips and ideas... maybe even someone willing to do a joint venture with you (JV as they call it)

Cheers.

itsme, Jan 4, 2008 IP