1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Sell A Twitter Account?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Sean101, Aug 28, 2013.

Hey, I have a few Twitter accounts with several followers, 2 of them are for my websites, but the third one is just Stand Alone Account with no website, etc. tied to it. I am wanting to know, if I offer this third Twitter account up for sale and I get a buyer, what process must be went though to completely transfer the account and ownership over to him / her? Is it simply a case of changing the email to the buyers email and also them changing the password? or is there anything else that needs to be done? Can anyone give me any info on this and if you have either bought and/or sold a Twitter account, please reply below. Thanks!

Sean101, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Agent000, Aug 28, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  3. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How would they know though? Also, does nobody sell Twitter accounts then? :p

Sean101, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  4. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    AFAIK there is no other obligation than setting a new email and password. However, as @Agent000 pointed out, selling accounts is illegal and if you do it publicly, your account may be suspended if someone reports it.

Devtard, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  5. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks for the information :p
    It makes me think though, what about people that have a website and a Twitter for it, for example, I have XboxLiveFan.org, so if I make a Twitter called @XboxLiveFan .. Later on whenever it may be, I sell my website and cant sell the Twitter along with it?

Sean101, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  6. AnnieinBC

AnnieinBC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I didn't realize that selling Twitter accounts was illegal.

AnnieinBC, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you joined twitter you agreed to the terms and conditions and you agreed that you had read and understood them; why did you not know?

Agent000, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  8. AnnieinBC

AnnieinBC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I didn't pay any attention to that part, because I haven't planned on selling my account. I only have one and can't think of why I would ever want to sell it.

AnnieinBC, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  9. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is one reason which I think is all fine, but I guess still breaks the Twitter rules Is having a Twitter account for your website, then when you sell your website, you will obviously sell the Twitter for it along with it. :p

Sean101, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  10. oman_online

oman_online Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose you could privately give them the twitter account username and password once selling the site.

oman_online, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  11. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. I Just thought of something too, I suppose if the Twitter account for the website being sold is registered with an email like then when the person buys the website, they would automatically have access to the twitter because it is the web mail within the website admin? I think.

Sean101, Aug 31, 2013 IP