1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Search for a Group on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by tankard, Oct 19, 2011.

Hi,

I'm trying to find some groups to join on Facebook but the thing is that I cannot find any.
    If I go to facebook.com/groups.php I'm shown a blank page with a button to create a group.

I don't want to create a group, just find some popular groups to join.

Then there's an app called "Groups" - I activated the app but it doesn't do anything.

When I try the search bar, all I can find is people and pages. For example, there's a group called "Blue Widget Appreciation Society"
    If I search for it on Facebook, it shows up as a page that I can "Like" even though it is a group. Normally, a group would have a "Join" button.

How do you search for groups?
    Thanks!

tankard, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  2. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this problem is temporary, later you will get your group by general search, for now use advance search option in Google.

Alan Smith, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  3. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the response. I do hope this is temporary. Good idea about the Google search. I get some decent results with this query:
    Keyword inurl:facebook.com/group.php
    Code (markup):

tankard, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  4. annaharryson

annaharryson Peon

Best Answers:
    type the group name in the search bar on your profile or homepage. then u can get groups which u want to search.

annaharryson, Oct 21, 2011 IP