1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to search and mass replace in cpanel ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by funkymario, Dec 26, 2009.

hi guys, is there anyway to mass search and replace with cpanel file manager or any other practical way, i need to mass search instances of "index.php" in all the folders and replace it with "\" i need to replace the code of more than 500 files, there is no way i can do it manually.

thanks for your help.

funkymario, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  2. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    you won't be able to do it direct from cpanel
    but if you are good a scripting than you can write bash/awk script that would do the search and replace

a simpler way would be to download the files to your PC and use MS frontpage or ultraedit or notepad++ or any other advanced editor to do the search and replace in multiple files
    let me know if it is not clear enough

new, Dec 27, 2009 IP
    funkymario likes this.
  3. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hi new, thanks that's exactly what i did, i downloaded all the files, mass edited with dreamweaver mass search and replace feature, then i uploaded all the files again.

thanks for your help.

funkymario, Dec 27, 2009 IP