1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to reward forum users for their activity?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Imposter, Feb 12, 2012.

I just made my own forum runned on vBulletin. I installed a modification called "vBExperience" and "Point Market System", which give points to users for their activity and allow them to buy something for them.

What things should I offer users to buy?
    Currently I have 2 things in the shop - an option to change a username and the description of a user.

The forum is bird-related, so I thought that it might be good if I would include there "real" things like bird seed etc, but I am afraid that this may drain to much money from my wallet in the future.

Do you have any ideas how to improve my current reward system? What else should I include in the shop?

Thanks.

Imposter, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can actually offering bird seed but you gotta think about the shipping fee. it will be better if just make them to cash.

lifeplayer, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  3. Imposter

Imposter Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think that this would discourage users, because the seed is relatively cheap (so users would not make any large amount of money). I believe that it is much better to give away anything else than money (in this case, bird seed, bird feeder etc.). The shipping fee sucks, but I do not see there any better solution.

I also thought about including coupons which may be used on websites of those who sell bird seed and other stuff, but I did not try to contact anyone of them yet.
    I am also afraid that I do not have anything that I can provide them in return.

Imposter, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  4. BigTim3

BigTim3 Guest

Best Answers:
    what about building up partnerships with people and businesses? they get free ads

BigTim3, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  5. Delirious84

Delirious84 Member

Best Answers:
    You could always buy a bundle of Amazon giftcards then put them in the shop. After they have enough points they could purchase them from the shop and the item they receive is the giftcard number/code. Then they could purchase whatever they like from Amazon. Just a thought.

Delirious84, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  6. kruzzen

kruzzen Guest

Best Answers:
    I give the most 20 active members on my forum Charter Membership which not only gives them bragging rights as being extremely contributing members but its premium membership for life and free to them :) Awards like that will surely keep those active ones active on your forum :D

kruzzen, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  7. Techz SEO

Techz SEO Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Tell us first what is the niche of your forum so that we can think what features should be add.

Techz SEO, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  8. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    one bird seed for 1 post

thesickearth, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  9. Techz SEO

Techz SEO Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try to tell them if they have the best activity they can have their site or blog advertise in 1 month in the whole forum

Techz SEO, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  10. entrecon

entrecon Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask them what they want! I am big on catering to the customer.

entrecon, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  11. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My members receive {money} for their posts (2 points for a reply, 3 for a new thread). They can use the {money} to get services from other members, to buy advertising in our forums and also domain names and hosting plans for their sites from me.

dojodesign, Mar 5, 2012 IP