1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Review Your Own Blog

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Norah Lim, Aug 3, 2013.

Yeah, I think I'm posting in the correct section, so without further ado, let's start.

When you're trying to review a blog, regardless of whether it is yours or someone else's, it's very important to check out its present condition.

That includes traffic stats, user interactivity (look it up!) and more. If your blog is a bit old, let's say a few months, its very important to check out how much traffic your website is getting, and where your traffic is coming from.

Healthy sources of traffic should be organic search engine traffic, social media traffic, and traffic via email marketing. This means that your visitors actually have an ongoing relationship with your blog. This shows that they are actually interested in your content.

And the amount of traffic? If your traffic surpasses 50 unique visitors a day, then its in good condition.

Now let's look at user interactivity. This is where users do stuff with your website - not just going around reading your content. Your blog is doing well if it receives good comments, a good amount of clicks on the social buttons and guest posts. A forum would also make a perfect addition to your blog. So if it doesn't have one, install one. If you do this, your users will turn into recurring users that come again and again for new updates and yadda yadda.

So now that that's covered, we'll have to go a bit deeper into the appearance. Does your blog have a professional, responsive and user-friendly theme? Is it easy to navigate or completely crammed with messy buttons?

These are all points that every blog owner should consider. Oh, and one more thing: STOP COVERING YOUR BLOG WITH ADSENSE ADS! It's annoying. I know some blogs out there that are completely covered with ads that you can't even see the site itself. Good places to put your ads are: just beside the logo, above the sidebar, and at the bottom of your site, just a bit above the footer.

And last but not least, we have to look at seo auditing. Basically this is a report that tells you aspects of your site that you have to improve to make it more user-friendly to search engines. There are some amazing software out there on the web that can help you do this.

So that's all I can say about reviewing my blog. I've covered traffic, appearance and a short paragraph of seo. If you know anything or just want to add to the topic, I'm looking forward to your replies!

Norah Lim, Aug 3, 2013 IP